Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swine Flu

+4
Doc
baldwindeb
krstnvnc
Larry
8 posters

Go down

Swine Flu Empty Swine Flu

Post by Larry May 1st 2009, 7:28 am

Swine Flu is in our County and this is Race weekend..Nascar...I live near Richmond Va.....in Chesterfield county....our Church has two booths that sell programs and stuff to raise money for the youth mission trips have been doing this for years.There will be a lot of people there people come from all over the world to these races.
Larry
Larry

Back to top Go down

Swine Flu Empty Re: Swine Flu

Post by krstnvnc May 1st 2009, 11:21 am

Larry. I live right next to the border here & our church has activities going on all the time as well & we have contact with alot of the community. We even set up selling food - hot dogs, chips, sodas, etc. We've been safe thus far.

I would think suggest that everyone working in the booth just get some of that pump hand sanitizer that you just rub on, the kind you don't have to use with water it's like lotion. I'd just re-inforce general health safety instructions & go & have a good time as usual with your fund raiser.

Check with your local hospital & see what the status is there on how many people they've treated with this virus. I think you might want to turn the booths over to adults running them JIC with the youth helping from behind the scenes. I don't know how bad it is there. If it's not "a coded" condition, I would still do the fund raiser, just with cleanlyness being re-iterated.
krstnvnc
krstnvnc
The one with the crooked halo
The one with the crooked halo

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb May 1st 2009, 11:48 am

Richards culinary school was just closed down because of a suspected case of Swine Flu.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry May 1st 2009, 12:00 pm

The youth have to be 16+ to work the booths...my wife is a public health nurse 33 years, we carry the hand cleaner with us all the time...use it before,during and after an activity...
Larry
Larry

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry May 1st 2009, 12:02 pm

baldwindeb wrote:Richards culinary school was just closed down because of a suspected case of Swine Flu.

It's better to be safe than..... I think this stuff is going to be around a long time...I think it is in 20 states now.
Larry
Larry

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb May 1st 2009, 12:20 pm

I work with a lot of money , that concerns me. Touching it with all those germs is dangerous,I think I will wear gloves..
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc May 1st 2009, 2:02 pm

baldwindeb wrote:I work with a lot of money , that concerns me. Touching it with all those germs is dangerous,I think I will wear gloves..

Just be aware, Deb, that gloves will protect you no more than hand washing, unless you happen to have cuts on your hands. Touching your face, for instance, with a glove that has touched money, is the same as having done so with bare hands. Breaking the unconscious habits of pushing up our glasses, squeezing our nose, stroking our chin or rubbing our eyes, is even more important than washing our hands, IMO (although constant hand-washing is a VERY close second).
Doc
Doc
Rude, Crude and Obnoxious
Rude, Crude and Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousessugar May 1st 2009, 2:08 pm

Here's a CDC breakdown of states and confirmed cases..

http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/
Mousessugar
Mousessugar
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by irishgodfather1 May 1st 2009, 3:48 pm

baldwindeb wrote:I work with a lot of money , that concerns me. Touching it with all those germs is dangerous,I think I will wear gloves..
Just take a gun with you and shoot anyone that comes near you. Twisted Evil
irishgodfather1
irishgodfather1
Plus Member
Plus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by souci May 2nd 2009, 12:10 am

souci
souci
Starter Member
Starter Member

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb May 2nd 2009, 6:21 am

Doc wrote:

Just be aware, Deb, that gloves will protect you no more than hand washing, unless you happen to have cuts on your hands. Touching your face, for instance, with a glove that has touched money, is the same as having done so with bare hands. Breaking the unconscious habits of pushing up our glasses, squeezing our nose, stroking our chin or rubbing our eyes, is even more important than washing our hands, IMO (although constant hand-washing is a VERY close second).
That is true Doc. I have told all the woman to be conscientious about touching their face.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya May 2nd 2009, 11:08 am

http://flutracker.rhizalabs.com/

Map of areas affected. Click on it for the interactive map.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb May 2nd 2009, 1:15 pm

baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down