Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heavy Metal music!

5 posters

Go down

Heavy Metal music! Empty Heavy Metal music!

Post by Ro'Jinn April 22nd 2008, 9:43 pm

This topic will be for all the metalheads out there! Most people I know seem to hate this music because of either misunderstanding or lack of interest in any complex music Neutral Here, I'll suggest bands that are great to start with, some old, some new:
Iron Maiden: Best albums; Iron Maiden, Number of the Beast, Powerslave, Piece of Mind, A Matter of Life and Death, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.
Judas Priest: Best albums; Sad Wings of Destiny, Stained Class, Screaming for Vengeance, Painkiller, Angel of Retribution, and hopefully Nostradamus.
Kamelot: Best albums; Epica, Karma, Black Halo, and I recommend Ghost Opera as well, but it can sound pretty odd at first but it grows on you over time.

Another band I recommend is Pagan's Mind. While they may sound odd too, they mostly deal with space themed lyrics with odd atmosphere sounds as well as the most brilliant power/progressive metal sounds I have ever heard, it takes a very deep listen to really appreciate them.

Ro'Jinn
The Juggernaut
The Juggernaut

Back to top Go down

Heavy Metal music! Empty Re: Heavy Metal music!

Post by baldwindeb April 25th 2008, 5:57 am

I know my son would love them or already does....
In my older years I shy away from them because the nerves are shot from raising kids and dealing with people all day lol.
I like Creed, Audioslave, Three Doors Down,The Who, Zepplin, ...stuff like that but I also love Peter White,and many other lite jazz artist. It really depends. If I am cleaning house I like old school soul music to keep me going.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ro'Jinn April 25th 2008, 8:14 pm

Ah yes can't forget good ole zeppelin or the who, I'm a fan of them too, i love rock music in general from the 60s to present. I love powerful and complex music that can express any emotion that exists, so I also love classical music.

Ro'Jinn
The Juggernaut
The Juggernaut

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb April 27th 2008, 7:17 am

Ro'Jinn wrote:Ah yes can't forget good ole zeppelin or the who, I'm a fan of them too, i love rock music in general from the 60s to present. I love powerful and complex music that can express any emotion that exists, so I also love classical music.
True, I agree.
That is why I love Alison Krauss and Union Station. It is blue grass but it evokes so much emotion.
http://www.alisonkrauss.com/site.php
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by shadetree July 13th 2008, 10:09 am

www.strych-nine.com

I was the frontman for them for 2 years. They played the more "mellow" (LOL) type of Metal
Anthrax
Megadeath
Slayer
Metallica
Black Sabbath
I was asked to come in and just "read the lyrics" while the band searched for a new singer/frontman. Next thing I knew we were doing 2-3 shows a week!!!!

Look at pictoral history from 2003-2005... The guy in the middle that looks like morpheous is me.

Enjoy the metal!
Sean

shadetree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ro'Jinn July 30th 2008, 9:45 pm

Sorry for the delayed reply, great music! Recently a music store near me became a bigger one around here in BC. So I'm hoping to get a better electric kit (apartment reasons) for drums which I can perform with live properly. I will strive to keep metal alive too! \m/

Ro'Jinn
The Juggernaut
The Juggernaut

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb July 30th 2008, 10:24 pm

Good for you, it should live on.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ro'Jinn July 30th 2008, 10:48 pm

And it shall always Cool True metal has no limits, my favourite kinds even combine the other forms of music I love, "Rock" and "Classical," maybe that's why I love the new Judas Priest album. Also why I'm a big fan of Kamelot, but I just love all metal heh. Very Happy

Ro'Jinn
The Juggernaut
The Juggernaut

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb July 30th 2008, 11:38 pm

Judas Priest are good, the boys listen to them.
Have you heard of this group, yes strange but awesome.
Listen to it..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWFv5ZoVET8
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ro'Jinn August 1st 2008, 8:21 pm

The music isn't strange at all, some pretty good alternative rock, I'm usually not a fan of it, but some bands stand out. An example of metal I love would be this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWDALIOzXNk

Ro'Jinn
The Juggernaut
The Juggernaut

Back to top Go down

Post by Celegorm August 1st 2008, 8:50 pm

Idk, would slipknot be considered heavy? Probally. I love their stuff. Their new song, psychosocial is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i_72iKvbtI

Celegorm

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya August 1st 2008, 9:02 pm

Celegorm wrote:Idk, would slipknot be considered heavy? Probally. I love their stuff. Their new song, psychosocial is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i_72iKvbtI

That song is actually really good! I do like some Slipknot songs, but they can be really heavy at times. My son just told me the singer Cory Taylor is the singer for Stone Sour, I like that band as well!
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ro'Jinn August 1st 2008, 9:04 pm

Yeah Slipknot is definitely heavy, not metal though. They are more hardcore nu-metal. Some of their songs are pretty good but I can't say I'm a huge fan, but yeah I respect anyone's prefrence. That song was pretty interesting though, they are definitely one of the best nu-metal bands by far, especially since Corey Taylor seems to be one of the few younger vocalists who knows how to scream and growl properly, unlike some bands... *cough* Avenged Sevenfold *cough* Laughing

Ro'Jinn
The Juggernaut
The Juggernaut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down