Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro Football Hall of Fame Festivies

3 posters

Go down

Pro Football Hall of Fame Festivies Empty Pro Football Hall of Fame Festivies

Post by ScottL July 31st 2009, 3:33 pm

Starting tonight is the Pro Football HOF. I live in the area.

http://www.profootballhoffestival.com/schedule/index.asp

It kicks with a Hot Air Balloon Invitational this afternoon and evening. (2-3 miles from where I live.) About 70 balloons of all shapes and sizes and colors. Very cool. The first of 3 Balloon events in the next several days. They always float over our house and drive our dogs completely nuts! They keep hearing the whoosh of their blowers but they never seem to find out where the noise is coming from.Very Happy

Later next week is the Ribs Burnoff at the Fairgrounds. Usual Fair stuff with 2-3 concerts. Rock, Oldies, and current Bands for everyone.

Next Saturday, is the HOF Parade. A big tradition around here. Everyone shows up for that. 10-15 deep along the curb for the 4 miles of the route. Many years ago, (during the Lincoln Administration) high school and college kids used to be allowed to party in the street along the parade route. Discretely drink beer, etc. Shocked the night before. Of course the gangs showed up, there started to always be trouble so the police shut that down.

HOF Enshrinement Ceremony is that afternoon. You have to definitely know someone to get tickets to that. Good that it's televised on ESPN now.

And Sunday (8/9) is the HOF Game, Buffalo Bills against the Tennessee Titans. Never been because it's all about the rookies and free agents that aren't going to make the team trying to impress the coaches.

There's a Mayor's Breakfast, a Fashion Show, Luncheons, and other activities throughout the 10 days.

My wife's family used to have their family reunion at a local park. (After the parade and during the enshrinement ceremonies.) After the enshrinement ceremonies, the HOF members always had their own private parties that evening, usually splitting up by eras or decades that they played. And one of those parties was at the indoor meeting room at the park. It was really cool to try to recognize who was who.

Well, anyway, Congratulations to Bob Hayes, Randall McDaniel, Bruce Smith, Derrick Thomas, Ralph Wilson, Jr., and Rod Woodson. I remember most of these guys and they were great.

Around here the HOF is the first sign that summer is coming to an end and school is about start, and Football season is around the corner. GO BROWNS! (I can't help it. They are my team, win or lose, every year. No bandwagon fan, here.)
ScottL
ScottL

Back to top Go down

Pro Football Hall of Fame Festivies Empty Re: Pro Football Hall of Fame Festivies

Post by Doc July 31st 2009, 4:14 pm

I am more than ready for the NFL to kick off again. Last weekend, I was so bored I watched the Gold Cup soccer match between Mexico and the US!
Doc
Doc
Rude, Crude and Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Pro Football Hall of Fame Festivies Empty Re: Pro Football Hall of Fame Festivies

Post by ScottL July 31st 2009, 4:27 pm

Who's your team, Doc?
ScottL
ScottL

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc July 31st 2009, 6:28 pm

Chargers! I keep hoping they won't choke in the eleventh hour, and will make it all the way! Smile
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottL July 31st 2009, 6:52 pm

Chargers at the Browns, 12/6. Wooooohhhh!

Looking forward to the season.
ScottL
ScottL

Back to top Go down

Post by hottrod August 2nd 2009, 2:01 pm

Sorry guys my location tells it all
Pro Football Hall of Fame Festivies 344sci0
hottrod
hottrod
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottL August 2nd 2009, 2:14 pm

hottrod wrote:Sorry guys my location tells it all
Pro Football Hall of Fame Festivies 344sci0

You noticed the picture of Brady Quinn, too. Good for you. Very Happy
ScottL
ScottL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum