Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hidden

+2
Mousessugar
T-Man
6 posters

Go down

Hidden Empty Hidden

Post by T-Man June 6th 2008, 1:04 am

I don't understand why registered users on forums choose to stay hidden.
T-Man
T-Man

Back to top Go down

Hidden Empty Re: Hidden

Post by Guest June 6th 2008, 6:27 am

I know lot of the ladies like to do it for privacy reasons, especially at certain forums (not mentioning any names). wink

One person at a certain other forum used to complain about people being invisible... saying they were cowards, etc. Then, one day, he became invisible himself. Might have had something to do with me posting screenshots of him reporting posts all the time? Usually ones criticizing him or his buddies. Can't see what they're doing if they're invisible. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousessugar June 6th 2008, 11:56 am

I don't know why some ppl do it, but I just like to be invisible lol.. so Razz
Mousessugar
Mousessugar
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry June 6th 2008, 1:12 pm

Mousessugar wrote:I don't know why some ppl do it, but I just like to be invisible lol.. so Razz

I can see through you when you are invisible..
Larry
Larry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousessugar June 6th 2008, 7:36 pm

Laughing are you peeking at me Larry icecream
Mousessugar
Mousessugar
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 6th 2008, 7:42 pm

I can see you too, Marti. cyclops Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousessugar June 6th 2008, 7:56 pm

Carl D wrote:I can see you too, Marti. cyclops Laughing

I expected you to be peeking, matter of fact would be suprised other wise lol.. I really don't mind feel free to peak away.. Smile Would you like me to be unhidden would that make you all feel better, I mean.. I don't really care.. some of the forums won't let you hide, I just always choose to if offered, but then don't you as well at other places .. but anywho.. have a wonderful day Carl, it must be early morning for you..take care Wink
Mousessugar
Mousessugar
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 6th 2008, 8:00 pm

Thanks, Marti. Cool

The Observer can't see you, though. Kinda ironic since he's supposed to see everything. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya June 6th 2008, 8:04 pm

Hey Marti. Just keep it the way it is, don't change for anyone but yourself! Very Happy
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousessugar June 6th 2008, 8:11 pm

shanaya wrote:Hey Marti. Just keep it the way it is, don't change for anyone but yourself! Very Happy

Hey girl.. thank you Smile glad to see ya!!
Mousessugar
Mousessugar
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn June 6th 2008, 9:05 pm

Carl D wrote:I know lot of the ladies like to do it for privacy reasons, especially at certain forums (not mentioning any names). wink

One person at a certain other forum used to complain about people being invisible... saying they were cowards, etc. Then, one day, he became invisible himself. Might have had something to do with me posting screenshots of him reporting posts all the time? Usually ones criticizing him or his buddies. Can't see what they're doing if they're invisible. Laughing

Wam.... whistle

yeslol
Lynn
Lynn
2 Sassy
2 Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn June 6th 2008, 9:12 pm

Lynn wrote:
Carl D wrote:I know lot of the ladies like to do it for privacy reasons, especially at certain forums (not mentioning any names). wink

Wam.... whistle

yeslol

That may be wrong......Help me Carl...... Shocked
Lynn
Lynn
2 Sassy
2 Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 6th 2008, 10:39 pm

Eh? Laughing

Edit: Oh, yes... WAM. You're absolutely correct, Lynn. yeslol

Sorry, I'd just woken up earlier when I said "Eh?" Sleep

Last edited by Carl D on June 7th 2008, 3:12 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya June 6th 2008, 10:50 pm

Yayarg, in answer to your question, I like to be Ninja! Cool
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya June 6th 2008, 10:50 pm

Darn it! We need a ninja smilie!! Carl!!!! Razz
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 7th 2008, 3:04 am

shanaya wrote:Darn it! We need a ninja smilie!! Carl!!!! Razz

Here's a few that I've found:

ninja

ninja2

ninja3

ninja4

I've put them in Smilies 4. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen July 19th 2008, 2:11 am

Invisible only to other members as any admins or mods can see you online at most forums.

I never figured out why the option is there. If you are posting you are leaving evidence of being there anyway.

If you are only signed in as a guest IP addresses and locations can be detected by admins, but not mods.

Is that right Carl?
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 19th 2008, 7:46 am

Doreen wrote:Invisible only to other members as any admins or mods can see you online at most forums.

Yep. cyclops

I never figured out why the option is there. If you are posting you are leaving evidence of being there anyway.

A necessary 'tool of the trade' for someone like The Observer. Laughing And, me too - so I can see if you're plotting again. tongue1

But, seriously, some people just do it for privacy. I was told by one of the ladies at WS a few years ago that quite a few of the ladies there go invisible to stop being hassled (via PM, I assume) when they're seen as online by some of the male members there. Not me, of course. angel

If you are only signed in as a guest IP addresses and locations can be detected by admins, but not mods.

Only Admins can see the IP's of guests. But we can only see the IP's while they're actually here. After they leave there's no log files to show they've been here. Guest posting is disabled, of course.

Is that right Carl?

What was the question again? huh Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum