Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make a new Vista DVD with Service Pack 1 included

Go down

Make a new Vista DVD with Service Pack 1 included Empty Make a new Vista DVD with Service Pack 1 included

Post by Guest July 9th 2008, 1:43 am

There were a lot of stories going around in the past few months saying it was impossible or at least extremely difficult to make a 'slipstreamed' new DVD of Vista with SP1 included.

Well, I've just done it using vLite.

http://www.vlite.net/download.html

The new DVD I've made seems to have all the version of Vista included, same as the original pre SP1 disc. (I only have a licence for Home Premium btw. Well, 2 actually). I've done test installs of Home Premium and Ultimate on a spare partition on my main PC's hard drive and it definitely works. When the install is finished I have Vista running with SP1 already included.

The only downside for people with slow Internet connections is vLite needs the Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008 from Microsoft and the current version is a 1375.9 MB download.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=94BB6E34-D890-4932-81A5-5B50C657DE08&displaylang=en

Back to top Go down

Make a new Vista DVD with Service Pack 1 included Empty Re: Make a new Vista DVD with Service Pack 1 included

Post by baldwindeb July 9th 2008, 2:03 am

good, no where is my copy lol
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Make a new Vista DVD with Service Pack 1 included Empty Re: Make a new Vista DVD with Service Pack 1 included

Post by Guest July 9th 2008, 2:14 am

Dunno, Deb. Razz

But, here's mine. biggrin

Make a new Vista DVD with Service Pack 1 included Kbow9w

The original, pre SP1 DVD is on the left, the new one I've made is on the right. I just love those white, printable discs. cool

The image I printed onto the new DVD came from cdcovers.cc and I added the 'Service Pack 1' text myself. I was too lazy to scan my original. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down