Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malicious attack takes down Scrabble on Facebook

3 posters

Go down

Malicious attack takes down Scrabble on Facebook Empty Malicious attack takes down Scrabble on Facebook

Post by sharber60 July 29th 2008, 11:00 pm

Wah..I want my Scrabble..Just started playing the EA Scabble version with my Daughter Carolyn & waiting for her next move.. Crying or Very sad

This is awful.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2008/07/scrabulous-scra.html

After their word game was shut down this morning, many of the Scrabulous faithful on Facebook turned to the official Scrabble game for some action. But they found no relief. It didn't work.

Electronic Arts, which created online Scrabble on behalf of Hasbro, said there was a good reason for that: Hackers had taken down the game. It was rendered unplayable for most of the day and still didn't work just before 4 p.m. In a statement, the Redwood City, Calif., game company said:

EA’s Scrabble Facebook game experienced a malicious attack this morning, resulting in the disabling of Scrabble on Facebook. We’re working with our partners to resolve this issue and have Scrabble back online and ready to play as soon as possible.

There was no word on whether the attack was orchestrated by fans of Scrabulous. But it dealt another public relations blow to Hasbro, which owns the North American rights to Scrabble. On the day that its legal tactics resulted in the shutdown of a game that the toy company said infringed upon its copyrights, it missed a prime opportunity to transition Scrabulous players to its own version of the game.

Hasbro, which last week filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in New York against the makers of Scrabulous, suffered a deluge of criticism on its Scrabble page on Facebook. Incensed at losing access to Scrabulous, users blamed Hasbro. One commenter, Lesley Marton, summed up the views of several players when she wrote on Scrabble's feedback board, "At least get things ironed out here before taking away Scrabulous!"

Analysts say the blow-back from Scrabulous fans, although painful now, will probably be temporary. "There are a lot of people who are just disappointed and angry at losing Scrabulous," said Jeremiah Owyang, an analyst at Forrester Research. "But people are going to get over it over time. Many of them will adopt Scrabble."
sharber60
sharber60
Plus Member
Plus Member

Back to top Go down

Malicious attack takes down Scrabble on Facebook Empty Re: Malicious attack takes down Scrabble on Facebook

Post by shanaya July 29th 2008, 11:08 pm

Well if it was the people who were mad about Scrabulous being cancelled, I don't blame the hackers one bit. That peeved me off! I did not mind at all the app, was one of the few that was a great one! Damn corporate bastards have to ruin it! Yeah, I know Scrabble produced their own version but they deserved to get hacked imo. It should have been an easy transition instead of them just cancelling the original app. Mad
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Malicious attack takes down Scrabble on Facebook Empty Re: Malicious attack takes down Scrabble on Facebook

Post by sharber60 July 29th 2008, 11:29 pm

Yes that one was great, Scrabble is back up now again..
We lost all our scores & games from Scrabulous though, that is not right.Crying or Very sad
With Scrabulous on Facebook & people were buying the home game..So there was no way Hasbro, were losing anything...
To sue Facbook was a very stupid thing on their part.
Greedy people.. Evil or Very Mad
sharber60
sharber60
Plus Member
Plus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb July 30th 2008, 8:47 pm

Sharon have you ever tried this one..
http://us.bugcafe.net/language/en/

Check it out, it is just like scrabble . I use it everyday to play with family. It is an email version. If you have any questions let me know.
And it is free....
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by sharber60 July 31st 2008, 1:55 am

Thanks Deb, joined now to find someone to play with..
sharber60
sharber60
Plus Member
Plus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb July 31st 2008, 8:28 am

sharber60 wrote:Thanks Deb, joined now to find someone to play with..

my screenname is baldwindeb@yahoo.com, my user name is Debbie
you want to play me .
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down