Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driving

5 posters

Go down

Driving Empty Driving

Post by shanaya August 4th 2008, 7:43 pm

My son Colton has been learning to drive since he got his license. He wanted to wait until he was ready which I think was a good move as he has been doing a really good job of it lately! Today I was extra tired so got him to drive home, his 3rd time driving and he has caught on quite well! I thought /i would be a nervous wreck, but it didn't turn out that way. Very Happy
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Driving Empty Re: Driving

Post by baldwindeb August 4th 2008, 7:46 pm

Awesome. My eldest drives, he is good but it did scare me the first time to be in the car with him.
The other two dont drive yet, insurance cost so much for them here.
How much is it for him there girlie.

You go Colton, drive your momma everywhere.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya August 4th 2008, 8:08 pm

I will have to check to see what I pay for him. Will let you know! Smile
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb August 4th 2008, 8:12 pm

shanaya wrote:I will have to check to see what I pay for him. Will let you know! Smile
Here it is about a couple thousand a year depending on the circumstances: adding to your insurance verses it being their own car.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya August 4th 2008, 8:23 pm

Aw heck it sure isn't that much here! I may pay a premium of an extra few hundred for a year but that is about it. In monthly payments it isn't much at all.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc August 4th 2008, 8:52 pm

Shawna-

I have some bad news for you. The nervous mom syndrome doesn't normally kick in while you're riding with him...

it's when he takes off somewhere on his OWN, that you'll find yourself sitting wide-eyed on the couch, staring at nothing, imagining the worst, for what seems like DAYS! amigo
Doc
Doc
Rude, Crude and Obnoxious
Rude, Crude and Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Ro'Jinn August 4th 2008, 9:29 pm

Ill hate the thought of that :/ but she knows I'm not crazy like any friends of mine who drive are like... I hate it when they drive. Save one or two people.

Ro'Jinn
The Juggernaut
The Juggernaut

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb August 4th 2008, 10:43 pm

I do believe you are a responsible driver and a good person. You have to be, look at who your mom is.. Very Happy
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ro'Jinn August 4th 2008, 11:35 pm

I do take most of my personality from my mom I admit Smile My dad always told me "You're too much like your mom" and thank god for that... Laughing

Ro'Jinn
The Juggernaut
The Juggernaut

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya August 6th 2008, 9:31 pm

Colton...I would not be worried about you driving off on your own, I would be worried about the crazy bastage drivers that you have to watch out for!
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc August 7th 2008, 1:59 am

Amandas had her permit, let it lapse w/o getting her license, waited for almost 8 mo's before trying again. She has her permit again, she does really good, have even sent her on short shots straight to convience store f/bread & back w/no prob(sshhh don't tell). We need to get her changed over to licensed but am putting it off for the same reason as you Deb. My insurance jumps up $250 a month once she's licensed. First we have to get her registered & pay for her college courses before we worry bout licenses at this point. She has to be a full timer to keep her on med insurance, and that's gonna run $170 per course + cost of books & she has to carry 4 courses to get the 12 credits needed for full time. Not getting any aid as of yet so it's a chunk up front for her getting her in. We'll be doing that next week as classes are due to start the week after. URGH
krstnvnc
krstnvnc
The one with the crooked halo
The one with the crooked halo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down