Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laptop suggestions comments please.

2 posters

Go down

Laptop  suggestions comments please. Empty Laptop suggestions comments please.

Post by Doreen November 18th 2008, 12:19 pm

http://stores.ebay.com/Good-As-New-Computers-Canada

I would have it just shipped to her house in Ontario Canada; why I chose this place.

DELL users? or just laptop users, do me a favour and check out this site in Canada, and I can buy a computer from here and have it sent to my Mothers house.
Her friends are on XP, so I was going to get her a Dell as they seem to be reliable and reasonable.
My sister has an OLD Dell and I could buy the very same one, for $225 here in the USA, I got a reply on buy it now
Dell Latitude 110L Celeron M 40GB CD-RW/DVD
Dell Latitude 110L Celeron M 40GB CD-RW/DVD
I have 24 hours to decide.
Latitude vs. Inspirion?

I don't mind spending the extra $$ but my sister said this would do email and pics and that is probably all she will ever do on it.

I like this little IBM... I would have to brush up on my French tho.
http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-ThinkPad-T41-Laptop-Computer-CDRW-DVD-Wireless-XP_W0QQitemZ350126437685QQihZ022QQcategoryZ177QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

this one? You can buy square trade warranty through Ebay as well.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120331588937&ssPageName=ADME:X:BOCOR:US:1123

Opinions, comments suggestions appreciated, as I am confused when it comes to buying these.
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Laptop  suggestions comments please. Empty Re: Laptop suggestions comments please.

Post by shanaya November 18th 2008, 2:30 pm

For the most part, Dell laptops are good. You do get some lemons once in awhile, though. The one in the last link does not have wireless capability. You would definitely want that feature for portability. I hear IBM thinkpads are good, never tried one though.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Laptop  suggestions comments please. Empty Re: Laptop suggestions comments please.

Post by Doreen November 18th 2008, 4:34 pm

Thanks, I have been reading so many specs on laptops, I missed that this didn't have wireless.

That one is off the list.
I saw ethernet and thought it was for wireless

Mom won't want the french keyboard, so that is out, but I could see if Souci wants it . Laughing
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen November 18th 2008, 10:25 pm

I sent him an email on that other laptop and he said it does have WiFi and will connect to Highspeed wireless .
I guess he just didn't list it.
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down