Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new Christmas virus alert

3 posters

Go down

A new Christmas virus alert Empty A new Christmas virus alert

Post by Doc November 19th 2008, 6:18 pm

Hi All, checked with Norton Anti-Virus, and they are gearing up for this virus. I checked Snopes http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp , and it is for real.

Get this E-mail message sent around to your contacts ASAP.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS!

You should be alert during the next few days. Do not open any message with an attachment entitled 'POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK,' regardless of who sent it to you. It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE, which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer. This virus will be received from someone who
has your e-mail address in his/her contact list. This is the reason why you need to let all your contacts know about this. It is better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it.

If you receive a mail called' POSTCARD,' even though sent to you by a friend, do not open it! Shut down your computer immediately.

This is the worst virus announced by CNN. It has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus.

This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.

COPY THIS, AND SEND IT TO YOUR FRIENDS. REMEMBER: IF YOU SEND IT TO THEM, YOU WILL BENEFIT ALL OF US.
Doc
Doc
Rude, Crude and Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

A new Christmas virus alert Empty Re: A new Christmas virus alert

Post by shanaya November 19th 2008, 7:28 pm

Wow! Shocked

I read the bottom of the message in snopes and it does say that it will not erase everything on your hard drive and it has been around for quite some time. It isn't new. Good to warn about it though, you never know!
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc November 19th 2008, 8:47 pm

You beat me to it, Shawna. It doesn't seem to be nearly as serious as I said.

When I first heard of this, I immediately went to snopes to check it out. I quickly scanned their write-up to verify it. Too quickly, it seems. My apologies to all for not reading more carefully.

It is a real virus, but by no means a new one. It was discovered in July of 2007, and since it is still classified as low-risk, I would imagine there MUST be both a fix, and a virus definition in existence by now.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen November 20th 2008, 1:04 am

that's what you get for speed reading. Shocked
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down