Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VOIP

4 posters

Go down

VOIP Empty VOIP

Post by baldwindeb November 24th 2008, 8:58 am

I have been looking into VOIP, have any of you used any VOIP's and if so what is your experience?
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

VOIP Empty Re: VOIP

Post by Doreen November 24th 2008, 9:10 am

No help here, but I have always been curious about it.
I read there are some negatives to it for emergency etc, if you shut down your computer or have no power. BUT then cordless phones don't work without power, you need the old plug in the wall type.

I think there are people use it for their long distance and are happy but as the only phone, no they weren't. I researched it a few months ago and that is what I 'sorta' remember from it, sorry no links to provide now.
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb November 24th 2008, 9:12 am

Doreen wrote:No help here, but I have always been curious about it.
I read there are some negatives to it for emergency etc, if you shut down your computer or have no power. BUT then cordless phones don't work without power, you need the old plug in the wall type.

I think there are people use it for their long distance and are happy but as the only phone, no they weren't. I researched it a few months ago and that is what I 'sorta' remember from it, sorry no links to provide now.

Thanks Doreen. We have our cell phones so I am really not concerned about emergencies but thought it may be a good option just for the boys here at the house when they have the dieing need to talk to the girls. lol
Magic jack is 50 a year, which is not bad at all.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry November 24th 2008, 8:09 pm

Magic jack...39.95 first year and 19.95 a year thereafter ...VOIP Harley I think uses it...My home security doesn't work with it.... that is the * some negatives to it for emergency * If we had a fire the alarm company wouldn't receive it.

I think DOC has Magic Jack
Larry
Larry

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc November 24th 2008, 10:00 pm

Yes, I do. I've had it for about four months now, and have been very happy with it. We still have a regular phone, but I use MagicJack for all our US long distance calls.
Doc
Doc
Rude, Crude and Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb November 25th 2008, 12:19 am

Doc wrote:Yes, I do. I've had it for about four months now, and have been very happy with it. We still have a regular phone, but I use MagicJack for all our US long distance calls.

Thanks Doc. I will look into it
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc November 25th 2008, 12:30 am

Doc
Doc