Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warming Up

4 posters

Go down

Warming Up Empty Warming Up

Post by shanaya December 15th 2008, 9:10 pm

We had the power out at our apartment complex for a few hours today, am just warming up with a heater. It is brutally cold outside right now with a vicious wind. I was almost ready to start my car and use the heat, just to stay warm! The power was out yesterday for awhile as well but not as long.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Warming Up Empty Re: Warming Up

Post by Guest December 15th 2008, 9:31 pm

You should move here. Laughing

http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDW12300.txt

We had a maximum of 38C on Sunday. Glad its cooled down a bit after that. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya December 15th 2008, 9:43 pm

Carl D wrote:You should move here. Laughing

http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDW12300.txt

We had a maximum of 38C on Sunday. Glad its cooled down a bit after that. Cool
Show off! Razz
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc December 15th 2008, 11:50 pm

38 sounds perfect to me, Carl! amigo
Doc
Doc
Rude, Crude and Obnoxious
Rude, Crude and Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Cojones December 16th 2008, 2:00 am

Doc wrote:38 sounds perfect to me, Carl! amigo
holysheep Thats Celsius temperature Doc.. Not bust size... notsaying
Mr Cojones
Mr Cojones

Back to top Go down

Post by sharber60 December 16th 2008, 2:48 am

shanaya wrote:We had the power out at our apartment complex for a few hours today, am just warming up with a heater. It is brutally cold outside right now with a vicious wind. I was almost ready to start my car and use the heat, just to stay warm! The power was out yesterday for awhile as well but not as long.

You missed it on Sunday Shawna..The power went out 3 times, 3 hours at one time, then 2 shorter outages.
Today it went out 4 times, the fourth time was before you got home to darkness on the stairs.Power went out the longest
from 10:30am until about 2:00pm, didn`t stay on long, went out again for about 5 mins, then on again then shortly, no power again, came on and went right off again & was still off when you got home..Steady now so hope it is fixed..
Still cold here, but at least the heat registers are working & there is hot water.
I can`t remember it being this bad in this area, BC Hydro blamed the wind but we have had wind before & so many
outages never occured one after another. The Stores over at the Malls, here must have been upset losing all that Christmas
shopping money..lol
sharber60
sharber60
Plus Member
Plus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya December 16th 2008, 11:44 am

sharber60 wrote:
shanaya wrote:We had the power out at our apartment complex for a few hours today, am just warming up with a heater. It is brutally cold outside right now with a vicious wind. I was almost ready to start my car and use the heat, just to stay warm! The power was out yesterday for awhile as well but not as long.

You missed it on Sunday Shawna..The power went out 3 times, 3 hours at one time, then 2 shorter outages.
Today it went out 4 times, the fourth time was before you got home to darkness on the stairs.Power went out the longest
from 10:30am until about 2:00pm, didn`t stay on long, went out again for about 5 mins, then on again then shortly, no power again, came on and went right off again & was still off when you got home..Steady now so hope it is fixed..
Still cold here, but at least the heat registers are working & there is hot water.
I can`t remember it being this bad in this area, BC Hydro blamed the wind but we have had wind before & so many
outages never occured one after another. The Stores over at the Malls, here must have been upset losing all that Christmas
shopping money..lol
I went home on Sunday to the power being out as well. Dark hallways then. It was out for about an hour after I got home.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by sharber60 December 16th 2008, 11:27 pm

Did you notice today that there is heat in the hallways? Sure makes a
difference..That cold air blowing sure didn`t help, How is it upstairs now?
Hope the snow doesn`t get too bad that is supposed to be coming along
with the wind chill.
sharber60
sharber60
Plus Member
Plus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya December 17th 2008, 12:14 am

sharber60 wrote:Did you notice today that there is heat in the hallways? Sure makes a
difference..That cold air blowing sure didn`t help, How is it upstairs now?
Hope the snow doesn`t get too bad that is supposed to be coming along
with the wind chill.
Yah. looks like they shut off the A/C that was blowing in the hallways. Looks like they had it ass-backwards, it is supposed to run in the summer!!!
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum