Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's time to start issuing PC licenses

3 posters

Go down

It's time to start issuing PC licenses Empty It's time to start issuing PC licenses

Post by Guest January 16th 2009, 10:49 pm

http://blogs.computerworld.com/its_time_to_start_issuing_pc_licenses

This has been brought up in the past. And, I'm inclined to agree.

A friend of mine, who's been using computers for a lot longer than I have, falls into the 'Joe User' category. Never uses Windows Update. Never uses antivirus or antispyware programs, etc. Goes to warez sites often. Rolling Eyes

Well, at least he knows how to format and reinstall Windows because he does it quite often. His wife even has her own PC now (which he's not allowed to touch after he set it all up for her) because she was fed up with losing all her high scores for the card games and other games she played when he was regularly formatting and reinstalling Windows when they just had the one PC. Laughing

Back to top Go down

It's time to start issuing PC licenses Empty Re: It's time to start issuing PC licenses

Post by shanaya January 16th 2009, 11:45 pm

I totally agree!!!
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

It's time to start issuing PC licenses Empty Re: It's time to start issuing PC licenses

Post by irishgodfather1 January 17th 2009, 3:46 pm

I agree also.
Got mine 00FORKUP.
irishgodfather1
irishgodfather1
Plus Member
Plus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen February 16th 2009, 5:38 am

you can sell a computer but you can't make them update it

if you sell a car, do you have to have a license and make sure they change the oil and do maintenance. Some people don't do it as regularly and faithfully as others.

if they issue lic. that means they have to have more access to your privacy to check you ran your scan and updates. BS.

Sell lic. to people to update this TV bs digital antenna, another bs scam for money.
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 16th 2009, 10:46 pm

Are you ready for digital TV, Doreen?

You don't really need a 'digital' antenna. Any normal antenna will work just fine if you're already getting a good, strong analog signal.

Reminds me of when color TV started here in 1975. We saw lots of ads for new, 'color' TV antennae. Bet lots of people bought a new one too. If you were getting a good black and white picture you'd probably get a good color one too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down