Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shaw.ca Increased internet speed.

2 posters

Go down

Shaw.ca Increased internet speed. Empty Shaw.ca Increased internet speed.

Post by sharber60 January 20th 2009, 9:33 pm

Just got this notice today from my Internet company..Will have to see if if there is any change in speed.
Wondering if this change will make a big difference or not?

We have great news for you! Shaw is committed to bringing you the very best products and services, and that includes the FASTEST Internet at the best value. As a result we've made significant upgrades to our network in your area and effective immediately we are increasing your Shaw High-Speed Internet download speed by 50%, from 5 Mbps to 7.5 Mbps! This will not affect your monthly cost for High-Speed Internet; your bill will remain exactly the same.

What you will notice is how much faster you can download photos, videos and large files, giving you the best online experience.

Not only are we making your Internet faster we're also including PowerBoost™️, an extra burst of speed when downloading, at no extra charge. The best part is you don't have to do a thing. It will all happen automatically.

We hope that you enjoy the 50% download speed increase.

File Size Shaw High-Speed Shaw High-Speed
with PowerBoost
5 MB 5.6 seconds .......1.6 seconds
10 MB 11.2 seconds ....3.2 seconds
15 MB 16.8 seconds ....4.8 seconds
100 MB 1.9 minutes ....32 seconds
500 MB 9.4 minutes .....9.1 minutes
sharber60
sharber60
Plus Member
Plus Member

Back to top Go down

Shaw.ca Increased internet speed. Empty Re: Shaw.ca Increased internet speed.

Post by shanaya January 20th 2009, 9:55 pm

I hope it makes a difference. I have yet to see the difference today!
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down