Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia

4 posters

Go down

Australia Empty Australia

Post by Doreen January 28th 2009, 12:57 am

HEY Carl!!! Did you catch this film yet with Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0455824/

Set in northern Australia before World War II, an English aristocrat who inherits a sprawling ranch reluctantly pacts with a stock-man in order to protect her new property from a takeover plot. As the pair drive 2,000 head of cattle over unforgiving landscape, they experience the bombing of Darwin, Australia, by Japanese forces firsthand.

I haven't had the time to view this yet, but noticed it was gorgeous scenery when it was decoding to burn to DVD.
I am looking forward to it, although I just searched for reviews and most were only about 3/5...
not bad, but not great either.
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Australia Empty Re: Australia

Post by Guest January 28th 2009, 3:52 am

Haven't seen it, Doreen. Been lots of hype about it here for the past few months. We had a big saturation advertising campaign on the TV and in the newspapers for Australia Day - January 26th.

I might have a look when it comes out on DVD later this year. Its been criticized by a lot of people. Whether the criticism is fair or not I can't say. But, quite a lot of it is aimed at Nicole Kidman. She seems to give the 'kiss of death' to a lot of movies lately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen January 28th 2009, 9:47 am

Kinda like Kevin Costner, big money for a big loss at the box office.
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen February 9th 2009, 6:16 pm

I watched it, I fell asleep at midnight and caught the tale end of it again.

It was good enough I wanted to see it all, all the way through so I ran it again Sunday evening much earlier.

I don't watch many, and even when I got a phone call I had to reverse it which I usually would not bother doing.
I really enjoyed the child in this movie. I would have rated it a bit more than some of the critics.
http://www.google.com/movies/reviews?cid=b25f847974b3643e&hl=en&fq=australia+movie&ei=DKqQSdWxNoHasAOEpd2TCQ&sa=X&oi=showtimes&ct=reviews&cd=1

Maybe Australians are quicker to be critical as it doesn`t portray everything about Aussies to be squeaky clean and perfect.
bottom line, truth or fiction, as most movies that are based on truth have quite a bit of fiction in them to spice them up; I recommend seeing it.
Scenery was gorgeous, story was interesting and many twists and turns.
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen February 9th 2009, 6:20 pm

Australia
‎2hr 45min‎‎ - Rated PG-13‎‎ - Action/Adventure/Suspense/Thriller/Romance

It is a long one, I dont`usually watch tv more than 1 hour at a time, so I figure that speaks for itself. Love those brown eyes on that child... gotta keep an eye out for him. He will be a heartbreaker.

http://www.google.com/movies/reviews?cid=b25f847974b3643e&hl=en&fq=australia+movie&ei=DKqQSdWxNoHasAOEpd2TCQ&sa=X&oi=showtimes&ct=reviews&cd=1
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by souci March 3rd 2009, 9:08 am

It was an excellent movie. release on Dvd today in North America.
souci
souci
Starter Member
Starter Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 3rd 2009, 10:46 am

souci wrote:It was an excellent movie. release on Dvd today in North America.

We may get it here in Australia by the middle of the year. Bit of a worry - it was made here and we get it on DVD after North America. Sheesh! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen March 3rd 2009, 6:42 pm

It just opened in Japan last week.
The Americans are the movie crazies.
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen March 12th 2009, 12:02 pm

but now released to DVD, but it was reported that Australia is the #1 pirated movie on the internet.

so the black market isn't paying attention to the critics.
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by sharber60 March 19th 2009, 8:28 pm

I have the movie, burnt to 2 DVDs..Started to watch it & the boy is really great. Still haven`t watched all of it, but will soon. Will keep one DVD for myself and give the other one way to someone who wants to watch it.
Did I buy the DVD? Well no, bad I know..

I know Colton won`t watch this movie as Nichole Kidman stars in it..lol
He doesn`t like her & won`t watch a movie that has Nichole in. Smile
sharber60
sharber60
Plus Member
Plus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ro'Jinn March 19th 2009, 11:30 pm

sharber60 wrote:I have the movie, burnt to 2 DVDs..Started to watch it & the boy is really great. Still haven`t watched all of it, but will soon. Will keep one DVD for myself and give the other one way to someone who wants to watch it.
Did I buy the DVD? Well no, bad I know..

I know Colton won`t watch this movie as Nichole Kidman stars in it..lol
He doesn`t like her & won`t watch a movie that has Nichole in. Smile

Haha I never actually hated her, I was just being humorous because she was in so many movies in such a small amount of time, I'd complain the same way with any other actor Razz

Ro'Jinn
The Juggernaut
The Juggernaut

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen March 20th 2009, 2:16 pm

Funny thing is I usually don't care for Nicole either, but this was a totally different role for her.
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down