Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Land Of The Giants

2 posters

Go down

Land Of The Giants Empty Land Of The Giants

Post by Guest April 22nd 2009, 10:46 pm

Just picked up the complete 2 seasons of this on DVD the other day,

Land Of The Giants 24y8xzt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_of_the_Giants

Cost me $90 for both. 9 discs per season. The people selling them have a stand set up in one of our local shopping centres. They move around the different shopping centres. They have hundreds of different DVD's. Funny thing is, they're not original discs, they're burnt copies but very professionally done. They're made the same way as I make mine, using printable blank discs. I knew this before I bought them, btw. I wonder how they manage to do this without getting into trouble?

They must have the original DVD's themselves and they use something like DVD Shrink to reduce them to fit on single layer recordable DVD's. Well, at least they're already 'shrunk' so I don't need to do it myself before I copy them onto one of my little USB hard drives.

It would have cost me between $500 and $800 to have the original Region 1 DVD's sent here from the US (they're not available on Region 4 and probably never will be). Shocked

Back to top Go down

Land Of The Giants Empty Re: Land Of The Giants

Post by Doreen April 22nd 2009, 11:38 pm

http://www.dvdglobe.tv/details.php?pid=468

Land of the Giants
Season 1-2
All 51 episodes
Regular Price: $194.99
Sale Price: $59.99
then shipping to Aus. may be expensive.

free shipping to the US.
Title: Land of the Giants DVD Collection
Description: Land of the Giants DVD Collection. The Complete Collection of the hit TV Series on DVD.
Genre: DVD BOX SETS
Price: $159.99
$69.95 SALE PRICE
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 22nd 2009, 11:47 pm

Thanks, Doreen.

Very hard to get original Region 1 DVD's in Australia. Unless the law has changed recently, it is actually illegal to sell them here.

I could order them online if I had a credit card (I don't). And, you need to order about half a dozen at a time because of the high cost of shipping them from the US to Australia. Costs nearly as much to send one DVD as it does for half a dozen or more.

The only other way to get them (that I'm aware of) is a place in Perth City which gets them sent from the US. I asked them about getting Land Of The Giants for me a few months ago and they said that mainly because the Australian dollar was fairly weak against the US dollar at the time, it was going to cost me somewhere between $500 and $800 Australian.

Cost me about $150 Australian to get The Time Tunnel from the US 3 years ago from the Perth shop I mentioned above. That had only one season split into 2 releases 6 months apart. That's never been released here on Region 4 either. The guys at the shopping centre also had that. Didn't look at the price but I bet it was only about $50.

Last edited by Carl D on April 22nd 2009, 11:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc April 22nd 2009, 11:48 pm

Carl, ole boy...

I think you have just had your parade officially rained on! Laughing
Doc
Doc
Rude, Crude and Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 22nd 2009, 11:53 pm

LOL. Thanks, Doc. Laughing

Still might have cost me more than what I paid the other day to have them sent to Australia though. Razz

Now, I just need to get Irwin Allen's 2 other science fiction series - Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea and Lost In Space. I'll wait to see if Doreen can find me a good offer on those before I do anything. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc April 23rd 2009, 12:03 am

Carl D wrote:Thanks, Doreen.

Very hard to get original Region 1 DVD's in Australia. Unless the law has changed recently, it is actually illegal to sell them here.

I could order them online if I had a credit card (I don't). And, you need to order about half a dozen at a time because of the high cost of shipping them from the US to Australia. Costs nearly as much to send one DVD as it does for half a dozen or more.

The only other way to get them (that I'm aware of) is a place in Perth City which gets them sent from the US. I asked them about getting Land Of The Giants for me a few months ago and they said that mainly because the Australian dollar was fairly weak against the US dollar at the time, it was going to cost me somewhere between $500 and $800 Australian.

Cost me about $150 Australian to get The Time Tunnel from the US 3 years ago from the Perth shop I mentioned above. That had only one season split into 2 releases 6 months apart. That's never been released here on Region 4 either. The guys at the shopping centre also had that. Didn't look at the price but I bet it was only about $50.

Carl, since you obviously like to collect movies, would it be worthwhile to have one of us act as an intermediary for you? I'd certainly be willing to order something on your behalf, and ship it off to you. I suspect it would cost you a lot less that way. We could work it out with PayPal, easily enough.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen April 23rd 2009, 12:08 am

I think you did ok Carl.

Even here at those prices, it would cost a bit to Australia. Although I've shipped boots the Denmark it was about $30 US.
I think if it fits in priority international that size would be about $30 max $40 US mind you.
$42 Aussie. Smile

so even with the sale price and shipping it would have been over $100 US ~~~ $140 Au.

You see I'm excercising my brain... I don't want to end up like Ron C.

If you ever want anything I'm sure we can hunt it down for you.
They sell DVD's like that in LA as well, I know the Chinese area in Toronto you can buy any plain wrapper DVD, nothing special, plain case and they are black market and never seem to get busted either. They only sell them for $5 to $10.. Why risk it?
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 23rd 2009, 12:10 am

Thanks, Doc.

Actually, I don't buy many DVD's these days. I haven't even watched the last Indiana Jones movie yet and I bought it months ago. I have several others which I've bought over the past 6 months and I haven't watched them either.

When I go to my friend Terry's place next door for drinks on Sunday evenings we watch DVD's. We're on the last season of Get Smart at the moment then I think we're going to start on Hogan's Heroes. Laughing

Thanks, Doreen. LOL@Ron. biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum