Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS3 and networking

2 posters

Go down

PS3 and networking Empty PS3 and networking

Post by baldwindeb June 9th 2009, 9:39 pm

the boys have two playstations now, they have two tv.
We are having trouble with them both playing and being hooked to the internet at the same time.
Any help would be appreciated.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

PS3 and networking Empty Re: PS3 and networking

Post by Ro'Jinn June 9th 2009, 10:24 pm

I'm pretty sure all PS3 systems have built in Wifi, do they both work online on their own? They can be hardwired too since they have an ethernet port on the back too. They should both work so it might also be a router problem. I have a PS3 and also the Wii that both use wireless and both can work just fine.
What happens when they both try to play at the same time online, are they not able to connect at all? Or just one of them?

Ro'Jinn
The Juggernaut
The Juggernaut

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb June 9th 2009, 11:43 pm

Ro'Jinn wrote:I'm pretty sure all PS3 systems have built in Wifi, do they both work online on their own? They can be hardwired too since they have an ethernet port on the back too. They should both work so it might also be a router problem. I have a PS3 and also the Wii that both use wireless and both can work just fine.
What happens when they both try to play at the same time online, are they not able to connect at all? Or just one of them?
You are just the guy I was hoping would answer.
Only one will hook up at a time. If Rick gets on, Sean cant, and if Sean gets on it will kick Rick off.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ro'Jinn June 10th 2009, 6:25 pm

Odd that only one PS3 wants to work, do they use the same Playstation Network account? I mean to log in and play online games.

Ro'Jinn
The Juggernaut
The Juggernaut

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb June 10th 2009, 8:03 pm

There are two ps3's, two tvs, and one connection. We use the same router and internet connection. So far i've tried changing dns servers ip address etc none of it works.. I don't know if it is because of the game or our network. When I invite him to a game he can join but we cant join a game together...we can be in the same lobby and play nazi zombies and private match only. when he plays online i can't and when i play online he can't but only with world at war. We can play two different games online at the same time though.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ro'Jinn June 10th 2009, 10:31 pm

Now that is really weird... Maybe their servers are conflicting with the connection when two PS3s use the same connection, might be their end.

Ro'Jinn
The Juggernaut
The Juggernaut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down