Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The last few days

+5
shanaya
krstnvnc
irishgodfather1
Larry
Bill S
9 posters

Go down

The  last few days Empty The last few days

Post by Bill S December 5th 2009, 9:11 pm

It started Wed. evening, my son had just gotten home from the woods, being so dirty, dirt and grease he used my old pickup to go to the store. He parked in front of the store leaving the engine running in park gear while he was in the store the transmission jumped out of park which is known to happen since I installed a rebuilt trans a few years ago, bottom line it rolled
into the door of another veh.
Thur. morning my wife and daughter inlaw started for Susanville to pay our property taxes and do a little shopping. The hit black on one of two turn that never receive sunlight, they overturned three times and ended up in the creek that run parallel with the road. A number of cars past them because the creek is much lower than the road and they couldn't be seen.
Finally a logging truck saw them and stopped, he couldn't help because roof had collapsed and they were trapped,the truck driver drove his loaded truck to where he got a signal and called for help.
My wife spent almost and hour before the fire dept. could cut her out. she was almost frozen because of the cold water.
One thing should be known, my wife said never had she seen so many people that tried to
assist, A police officer from Wash. state was one of the first on the scene and directed others what to do.
My wife was take to a hospital about 40+ miles away,
My daughter inlaw shows up at my house all brused but OK. tells me what happen and her and I drive to the hospital.My wife was having Xrays when I arrived which appeard to show a hair
line crack of the hips, CT scan showed it to be arthitis which was the best news all day
While I was in the emergency room I over hear a nurse telling another nurse that they were bring in someone from Big Valley that had been hit in the face with a limb. first thing I think
of is my son is a logger and Has been working one BV mountain. I walk out of emergency
and meet my son in the hallway. I'm wondering how they got word to him so fast about his mother when I see his face. The limb had hit him on the bridge of the nose breaking it.
while he was running skidder one of the logs was kicked up by a tire and a attatched limb came
into the cab smacking him in the face.
I then have to tell him about his wife and mother which really shook him up.
The nurse tells my wife that she can be releasedwith my D Inlaw, just take pain pills.
Here's where I make a big stupid mistake and agree. It take four people to load her in the SUV
I get home and try to get my wife in the house with just me and my D inlaw. We get about
5 feet and we all give out. Evelyn is hanging over the hood of a car and I drive to the medical center to borrow a wheelchair.They kept me waiting almost 15 mins saying the nurse will talk to me after she finishes with a patient.
I left without a chair. Next door neighbor are now home and I get them to help, actually Hiatt
and his wife do all the work getting Evelyn to a recliner.
She is bedridden to that chair since Thurs. I'm wanting her to go back to the hospital but she won't.
Called the vet last nite to come put our old dog to sleep, can't get him off the floor.
The vets hasn't returned our call, probably took long weekend.
My son left this morning for the Medford are to buy a lift chair.waiting for him to return.

Bill S
Starter Member
Starter Member

Back to top Go down

The  last few days Empty Re: The last few days

Post by Larry December 5th 2009, 9:44 pm

Holy cow Bill when it rains it pours...keep the med's in her...made me hurt all over just reading that...
Larry
Larry

Back to top Go down

Post by irishgodfather1 December 6th 2009, 12:51 am

Boy Bill you guys are sure getting some bad breaks.
Hope it gets better for you guys soon.
irishgodfather1
irishgodfather1
Plus Member
Plus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc December 6th 2009, 2:16 am

I hope everyone is settling down & getting much better now. Wow what a streak, sounds like Murphy's Law was written for you for the week, pray it ends there & doesn't go for ............ ain't gonna claim it, break the curse now & stand in agreement that ALL are on the way to recovery & will come out BETTER than new. I hate to ask, but how's the weather been while all this is going on? I see you said a Police man from Wash was there, where abouts are you located?

How R U doing with all this happening around you to your loved ones? I'll offer up prayers but if I recall, you don't much fare well in that direction, but I do, N believe it or not, it does work, N w/all that occurred, they all were sure being protected for I'm amazed the news/events r treatable, praise be.

U R All on my heart.
krstnvnc
krstnvnc
The one with the crooked halo

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya December 6th 2009, 12:08 pm

Wow, Bill! My thoughts go out to you and your family. Hoping for a speedy recovery. I am so glad that your wife and daughter-inlaw were rescued, especially in the cold like that! Your son must be hurting with his broken nose, hope it heals quickly.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb December 6th 2009, 3:37 pm

Wow Bill, what a week, what a day. I pray all ends up better than it started.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill S December 6th 2009, 6:30 pm

Thanks everyone for the prayers.
Last night my daughter, g daughter and GG daughter showed up and I got to sleep in.
Right now it's snowing, the temp was 9 and it's supposed to get colder the next few days.
I live in Bieber a small town located in NE corner of Ca.The elevation is 4,100 feet and the ice can lay on the ground for months. The walkway to my front door is covered with about 3 inches
of ice.
Evelyn has gotten to her feet a few times with help but can only stand for a minute, she says she doesn't hurt as much.
My son brought home a lift chair which she is using, I really don't think she like it as well as
her old recliner but it lifts and that was a problem.
I have to pickup some ice remover before someone falls on the walkway.
Bill

Bill S
Starter Member
Starter Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry December 6th 2009, 7:11 pm

Larry
Larry

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya December 6th 2009, 7:52 pm

Thanks for the link, Larry. Good ideas there. Even for cars, that is very handy!
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc December 6th 2009, 9:56 pm

My MIL loves her lift chair, w/o it it's almost impossible for her to manage alone. Glad to hear that you have more family around. Stay safe & a fast recovery for everyone.

This time of year is beautiful to one like me, I'm a bit AWAY from all the beauty (I see dirt n overcast clouds now) Down in the valley here we do get a slight frost on windshields n grass n that's a COLD day for us. I don't know what I would do if I actually had to LIVE in it. I'd be a hermit cuz I wouldn't leave my cave.

Thanks for the update on you'all
krstnvnc
krstnvnc

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn December 6th 2009, 10:29 pm

Wow Bill, I'm so sorry ....that's a lot to go through....I hope things get better for you and your family...
Lynn
Lynn
2 Sassy
2 Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wuggy December 7th 2009, 6:13 am

My Goodness, Bill, when you put in for a run of bad luck you certainly don't go in for half measures. Hope everyone is on the mend and that you are coping under the strain. Best thing to do is wear a pair of shoes 2 sizes too small. When you take them off everything will seem a whole lot better.
Wuggy
Wuggy
Zorro Bear
Zorro Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzey December 7th 2009, 1:14 pm

Hi Bill. talk about a streak of bad luck. Sound's like all are on the mend now...thank goodness. Take care.

Jazzey
Plus Member
Plus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya December 11th 2009, 7:15 pm

How are your wife and son doing, Bill?
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill S December 11th 2009, 10:52 pm

shanaya wrote:How are your wife and son doing, Bill?

Evelyn is getting better, still sleeping in a chair, she tried the bed for one night but her right shoulder is still bruised so she went back to the chair after a couple of hours.
I never realized just how much work a wonen does each and every day till I had to do it.
Did the dishes using the dishwasher, Had so many dishes in it the door wouldn't close, Evelyn said I them loaded wrong. all those little pegs are either to close together or to far apart,it
must have taken me three hours and now I have a diswasher full of clean dishes and a sink full of dirty ones.
I had to have my old Indian dog put down last night, his hind quarters just gave out and even though I helped him get to his feet he was losing weight and I just didn't want him to suffer.
I have always believed a man should put down his own dog,I don't know if it makes any difference but at least you know know that it was done with love.
I ended up asking a friend to do it for me and I feel bad about it
Son came home last night with another swollen eye, the skidder he drives has a ROP but no side protection to keep limbs out. He wasn't wearing his goggles because they work in snoe and he use it for dust.

Bill S
Starter Member
Starter Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya December 12th 2009, 12:05 am

I hope she feels better soon! Hopes for a recovery that is as strong as the both of you. You are great people! Smile
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down