Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Controversial

+2
krstnvnc
shanaya
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Controversial Empty Controversial

Post by shanaya August 1st 2010, 11:05 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SR1OBsJOaU&feature=channel

She makes a lot of sense. I always wondered why GOD could let innocent children die (the parents being devoted to GOD) as in a 2 year old child got stung multiple times by wasps and the parents just prayed to god instead of getting medical help. She is posting videos to Rick Warren's book about devoting your life to GOD. To all my Christian friends please don't hate me but I don't believe in a god. I haven't for a very long time. I cannot prove there isn't one but logic tells me otherwise. I would rather focus on morality and what is right for us to survive in life than to worship something that is not there.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Controversial Empty Re: Controversial

Post by krstnvnc August 2nd 2010, 9:51 pm

Shawna, I take no offense. You have every right to "choose". That is what faith is based off of. Now I haven't watched the video & don't need to. I KNOW that there are ALL KINDS of deaths that happen to innocents & why God doesn't do miracles at the drop of a hat I do not know. All I can say is that I have seen people that HAVE survied illnesses with & without med help, know of one in paticular that has it written down on paper by his physician that it was a miracle that he was cured. He was given days to live & then poof no more cancer at all. His insurance required proof from a physician telling him that indeed he did not have it & the only way the doctor said he could come to that conclusion was a miracle from God for he should not be here & that there is nothing in his system that says he had ever had it, so that's how he listed it in his paperwork. Why one is healed completely & not another I do not know but I will have answers when I get a chance to ask when the day comes. With all the evidence out there that backs up biblical events & the way scientists TRY so hard to analyze & explain atoms & evolve makes me giggle but that's ok too. There will ALWAYS be contraversy on this subject. What is really laying on the carpet is "faith" & "choice". I choose to have faith. I do not thump, i do not trash, nor do I babble on. If one is curious I will discuss only to the limits that is in their comfort zone for I do not feel that getting into someones face or craming the word down anothers throat helps God do His work. For me, I would rather go down believing than not. In the end I guess you can say it all boils down on how you choose to live your life. Mine is by meekness & living by the word as much as possible, do I stumble of course I'm human thanks to Adam & Eve we were estraneged. In olden days there were sacrifices & rituals that in todays times I would find horrendeous, God gave us the Final Sacrifice His Son who bore all sins ones of past & one to come, they basically all still fall into the laws of the ten commandments if you stop to think about it, every sin could be linked to 1 if not several of them but that line was broke. When He kick Satan out of Heaven he made him ruler over this dominion, but He left us a choice as to where we wish to be in the end. I suppose that anyone could choose to live out life sinfully & at the end say I accept Jesus please forgive me, but there will still be judgement when you get there. To what extent one wants to take a chance at facing it is up to them. All I can say is that there's only One sure way to NOT get forgiveness is for forsaking him, to down right choose not to believe & have a heart that is as cold to that choice, also forgiveness, if you cannot forgive how do you expect to be forgiven.

People have choices to make & then lifestyle changes when you choose. Once you do & if you get into the word you will see that it's not as bad as alot of these "righteous" Christians make it seem like it needs to be. You see it swing from ways like the amish to ways like the catholics that set rules upon rules to go along with the "good book". Me I choose a very liberal view. What the word says is soooo simple. Jesus says that the only way to the Father is thru him (accepting him as your lord & saviour, for the sacrifice he made for us) & to love, to follow the commandments but that the greatest of all is LOVE. I guess that's what makes it so hard is that they are always waiting for the "but" clause to be hit with. I've never been hit with it & personally can't find one to be looking out for.

Edit...........as to not seeing the video I cannot give a good view. But your implying that they did NOT seek medical help to me is completely the parent fault. God gave us a brain & giftings. Doctors are here for a reason. They learn to be able to heal what is attacking our bodies. People who choose to "go only on faith" to me are like a secular sec & if they choose to cut them selves off from the worldly aspects, how do they live their lives? If they allow all other technology into their life's then why is a doctor NOT allowed in. I can own a computer & live next door to a paroled convict yet I cannot take an asprin for a headache, I'm able to use mother earths herbs as medicinal-so that makes me be ok to play doctor, but to take advise from one that has a degree & knowledge & acess to medicine that will kill/reverse the reactions of wasp stings/poisoning-now that makes ALOT of sense to have a following in that matter.

Anyways, sorry for so long, I didn't intend to preach & hope that this doesn't come accross as such. It's only my viewpoint & my opinion on the subject of belief vs non.

I still love you, & I'll keep praying for you LOL
krstnvnc
krstnvnc
The one with the crooked halo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen August 2nd 2010, 11:55 pm

If you believe in a good force, or God, then you have to believe in the devil as well.
There is no doubt a devil, and there is no doubt a God,
there is evil and bad things and no one wants to believe that God would allow it, but the world is not all Good. I think people have to accept responsibility for many things they do that cause the bad or evil.

Regardless of God, Devil or good or bad, there seems to always be a lack of people taking responsibility for what they do as well.
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya August 3rd 2010, 9:08 pm

I don't believe in the devil either. I know your faith in God, Kris, I know you don't try to push it on others, that is why I like you! Same for you, Doreen. :-) I just wanted to say my peace so you all know where I stand. Some things will probably never be explained, that is a part of the mysteries of life. It is healthy to always question things, not to follow something blindly, etc. I believe in myself and am a very positive person despite what I went through in childhood. I just needed to say what I did so that I don't feel I have to pretend I believe in God when in fact I do not. Thanks for listening. Smile
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc August 3rd 2010, 9:21 pm

There was no need for you to on my end. Some time back you had made it known that you had a belief of some kind of higher power but that it was inner felt mostly. I respected you then as I do now. I do not judge people for who or what they do or don't do, unless of course you were a serial killer thennnn I might have a judgement to deliver LOL. Seriously tho I love you just the way u are............tilts head ever so slightly and............awe......with a cute lil smile Smile group hug now & all sing hari krishna Smile
krstnvnc
krstnvnc

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc August 3rd 2010, 9:22 pm

LOL look at my little smilies they are all in sequence.........how cute, as if right on cue Smile
krstnvnc
krstnvnc

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb August 3rd 2010, 10:57 pm

I respect your view also girlie. You know I believe but have had some questions that cant be answered, I guess then I go by faith. I have no other choice at that time.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc August 4th 2010, 12:53 am

baldwindeb wrote:I respect your view also girlie. You know I believe but have had some questions that cant be answered, I guess then I go by faith. I have no other choice at that time.
Hey woman. How you been. I don't get to talk much, sorry. I really miss my me time on the puter w/all of you. I'm really hoping to get back to it again. Keep thinking positive & it'll happen. Right? Right!
krstnvnc
krstnvnc

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb August 4th 2010, 3:41 am

krstnvnc wrote:
baldwindeb wrote:I respect your view also girlie. You know I believe but have had some questions that cant be answered, I guess then I go by faith. I have no other choice at that time.
Hey woman. How you been. I don't get to talk much, sorry. I really miss my me time on the puter w/all of you. I'm really hoping to get back to it again. Keep thinking positive & it'll happen. Right? Right!

Hey you. I am sorry you have been so busy with work,family,and life. I miss our time together to, we will get back there again I am sure.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc August 5th 2010, 12:37 am

baldwindeb wrote:
krstnvnc wrote:

Hey you. I am sorry you have been so busy with work,family,and life. I miss our time together to, we will get back there again I am sure.
LOL, I sure hope so. I just now got home & I put in 14 1/2 hrs today ugh........I'm done for the day, my brain is fried...............
krstnvnc
krstnvnc

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya August 5th 2010, 1:45 am

totally understandable.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya August 23rd 2010, 9:28 pm

Angie reads: Chapter 31/day 31(From Rick Warren's book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVWDDHL9qRA&feature=sub

She swears here and there, just to warn the sensitive ears-lol
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya August 30th 2010, 10:10 pm

Angie Reads: Day 37. I am not going to post all of her threads, that would be like spamming-lol. I just post when I go on youtube and see her updates.
I say, take everything with a grain of salt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS_vLUko9Ug&feature=sub
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc August 30th 2010, 11:21 pm

Hidee ho everyone.

I haven't been on, busy as usual. Stopped by here to post this. It's Glen Becks speak on Restoring Honor. I have not listened yet but will when I have the time, it's like 3 hrs but he speaks on how God needs to be back in America.

Shawna, you won't agree with it, but there are those that do listen & weigh issues on bringing God back, this Nation was/IS founded on God originally. The word is engraved on the steps of memorials & on our currancy.

Cspan link: http://www.c-span.com/Watch/Media/2010/08/28/HP/A/37551/Restoring+Honor+Rally.aspx
krstnvnc
krstnvnc

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc September 2nd 2010, 7:35 pm

Hi All. At work as usual, taking a peek in. Planning on getting out of here within the next 20 min. I'm still taking a mountain home with me but at least I can work in my PJ's. Oh life of Riley
krstnvnc
krstnvnc

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc September 2nd 2010, 7:37 pm

BTW. MP is back up after an influx of downtime(sh!t time) N E Ways,
amazingmoviez is a new dig, n abcd is the handle so hope to see some movie fans there.
krstnvnc
krstnvnc

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya September 3rd 2010, 7:39 pm

Thanks for contributing, Kris. Anything controversial is welcome. Although I don't agree with a lot of what Glen Beck says, I respect his right to have opinions. Here is a guy that made a short video of the real threat from Islam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnEeTBuPQuo&feature=sub
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb September 3rd 2010, 10:46 pm

I particularly dont like Angie, its the way she presents herself. In my mind I dont get what she is trying to prove. Its just me I guess.
I do watch everything and as you say "take it with a grain of salt"
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya September 6th 2010, 3:17 pm

baldwindeb wrote:I particularly dont like Angie, its the way she presents herself. In my mind I dont get what she is trying to prove. Its just me I guess.
I do watch everything and as you say "take it with a grain of salt"

I can see where she would put some people off, she comes across as someone who is pissed off at wasting her younger years going to church and praising god. At least she should be grateful that she is educated in the religious sense even though she isn't religious anymore. I think she is trying to let people know not to follow faith blindly, and going to church does not make someone a good person just because they do. She wants people to think for themselves and live for themselves and their families instead of thanking god for everything when it is doctors, etc. that are the ones deserving the praise. At least that is what I get from her.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb September 6th 2010, 4:30 pm

I understand. I guess we each get out of it what is meant for us. She just seems particularly angry and maybe for a good reason.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya September 6th 2010, 10:08 pm

One thing that sticks out from me going to church as a youngster. The one day that I did not want to go to church, my grandma literally dragged me and stuffed me into the car. I was holding on for dear life to not go. That was really bad. The other memories were her making sure all of us grandkids had at least a few dimes to put into the dish that was passed around. I know she didn't want the church to think any of us could not contribute which is totally wrong imo. It made me feel bad if I didn't have any money. I really don't have good memories going to church. Most of it was very boring. Even Sunday School.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya September 6th 2010, 10:58 pm

Oh, and I don't need to be saved-lol. I am very happy the way I am. No worries. :-D
Hogndog tried to save me, i told him to back off. He hasn't bugged me since.

I have to say, I see some on FB that say god's with them every day but they are unhappy. That saddens me.

Take for instance, Donnabear(you remember her from Delta House Deb?) she praises god every post almost but I can see she is frustrated with her life. She posts that she has these frustrations and her kids seem to be sick all the time and she cleans the church and her home and that is all she posts, but praises god for absolutely everything as if she doesn't have a mind of her own.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb September 6th 2010, 11:09 pm

Yeah it took me awhile to get myself away from the Church. I actually was going to Church for years when I was in my 20s but had a falling out with the Pastor because one of the youth leader called Alex a Nigger. At the time I didnt know it was a word they used just like Dude. They would say "Hey nigger get over here". I didnt like it so I brought it to the Pastors attention and I must of caught him on a bad day because he got snappy with me telling me this man was a Godly man and that he tithes etc. I became angry and tried to leave and the Pastor jumped up slammed the door and grabbed my arm. Needless to say I walked out very angry and never returned. I always felt guilty about tithing. Pastor would say I didnt have enough faith or I would tithe. I told him I tithed by being the nursery worker, he didnt agree.
I know it is hard to understand that there can be a God when all the bad things happen to people, that will be an issue that will be around as long as there are people but I still pray and I still believe in something higher up...I just dont have the answers to all the questions though.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc September 9th 2010, 2:42 am

NO ONE has the answers to anything down here. It's just a go with your gut which is usually what I consider as listening to the Spirit within me. My reasoning goes as well for it is all weighed & thought out reflecting against the Word & the works.

I understand that people have bad experiences. I myself had a bad one & left the Church for a period of time. I took baby steps in getting back in & now look where I am.

I am by NO MEANS walking a RELIGIOUS life. To me that is "fake" Christianity, it's more cult lead than Spirit led. You (meaning me) go to Church to be fed & fellowship. You need to do some Church reviews as if you were looking over applicants to place into a job position in your life. You need to find one that clicks w/you & you feel like your walking in your home front doors when you are there. You make it your family & then you let nature take it's course as you would in your "normal" family life.

Shawna, I really wish that I could get you down here & have you sit thru a few services here & work along side of me when our outreaches are happening. My Church is really not one of the norm. My husband is a dyed in the woods pentecostal & he does NOT agree with my Church & how it operates, we are WAY TO LIBERAL & let things "go" that where it were to be "his" ideas of how it should happen, well lets just say that it would not be with open arms & accepting people for who they are. Funny how we have been together for 31yrs & we are complete opposites. It's true what they say, opposites do attract. Believe me there are plenty of disagreements but never do either one compromise "our" walk yet we still co exist very well. Weird.

I think that you would get a good taste in your mouth & would come away with a different perspective & understanding as to "how" anyone could believe with faith. Don't get me wrong, I'm not recruiting by an ymeans, think of it as a play date & just hang out only instead of dinner & a movie, it would be coffee & church. Heck we even have a Starbucks inside our Church.

Deb, tithing is personal. & it is specific as to "how" you are to tithe. It is of your 1st fruit. You offer up the best, 1st to God & then the rest you do your works. God does not say that he expects us to be poor, quite the contrary. HE wants to Bless us. & you would be surprised at HOW HE will begin to move in your life if you were to do so. Tithing goes INTO THE HOUSE, which in turn allows God to manage His House & Shepherd His flock & feed them. He meets your every NEED, not your wants. He blesses you with your wants. Giving of your TIME is an extended offering & doing work FOR HIM, showing Him your faithfulness & He watches & sees your HEART & assesses you. Church is NOT GOD. You need to have a RELATIONSHIP w/Him whole heartily. He wants to be FIRST in your life & then you can become first in His. Think of it as how much you love YOUR children & what you do/would do for them, no matter what, & what YOU RECEIVE from your children, HOW DO YOU FEEL when you know that relationship/bond is indeed like a chain & link together with such strength that is cannot be unbroken (circle, by & by Lord, by & by). It is much more deeper than I have time to put it down here, but one day I really do pray that you will have the understanding & relationship as what HE is asking for. I do believe that you believe & have YOUR relationship, do not get me wrong I'm not saying that yours in not right or not enough by any means, I'm just saying that step back, assess & see if it is one that HE speaks of in the word as being complete & whole & one with Him. I'm also not saying that mine is any superior than another's for each is individual is just that individual. But that there are ways that haven't been tried that may give you a deeper fulfillment, one you may like but then again you may not. Like I said I'm not my husbands cup of tea either & he's stubborn won't do something as simple as go in with an OPEN MIND, EXPECTING NOTHING & just look & listen, you'd be surprised what you would find is out there. Just as you are personal with WHO is your physician, so should it be as HOW is your relationship with God & WHAT are you doing to keep it first & foremost in your life, it's as easy as making him your best friend. Simple, period. It's just that everyone, including ourselves at times seem to think that there are "limits" on what's allowable & what's not, can I smoke, can I drink, etc. God is not a God of "cans", He's a God of "wills", will you, simple.
krstnvnc
krstnvnc

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb September 9th 2010, 10:51 am

I have had an open relationship with God. He has been my only God, the one I think of as I wake in the morn and to whom I fall asleep at night. I depend on him for everything and I know MY god is a good God.

On tithing, have you read this?
http://www.tithing.christian-things.com/howmuch.html
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next