Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

external HD shows empty when attached to DVD or TV

3 posters

Go down

external HD shows empty when attached to DVD or TV Empty external HD shows empty when attached to DVD or TV

Post by Doreen September 30th 2010, 9:20 am

external HD shows empty when attached to DVD or TV

through the US connection.
2 tv's have USB and the Compact flash or SC cards show up,
I have tried to put the videos or movies on the external hard drive, much easier than burning disks, but the
DVD or the tv's both show the X hard drive as empty.
I thought because they were in folders, so I put some movies just in the hard drive. Still shows empty.

External portable HD formated ntfs, flash card or sd cards are FAT
would that be a reason? I'm not reformatting the external, I just ordered another and will use it for movies and tv shows as well.

I've heard other people mention they don't burn disks anymore, just put their videos on the externals.

I posted this in WS, no answers there.

I ordered a 32 gig SD card, that I will use and pass around to TV's if I can't use the HD. Ordered it from Hong Kong, it will take a couple weeks to get here but it was only $15. while here they are over $200.
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

external HD shows empty when attached to DVD or TV Empty Re: external HD shows empty when attached to DVD or TV

Post by shanaya September 30th 2010, 11:42 am

Can you try formatting the hard drive as FAT and see if that works? I haven't tried hooking up an external HD to a TV, just have a whole desktop PC hooked to it via HDMI.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

external HD shows empty when attached to DVD or TV Empty Re: external HD shows empty when attached to DVD or TV

Post by krstnvnc October 1st 2010, 3:45 am

If the movies are on there what format are they in? DVD players use the iso I think & most d/l's are avi's, at least the ones that I'm doing are, that or flv or mov files.
You may have to d/l a player to play the vids on??? Don't know just a thought.
krstnvnc
krstnvnc
The one with the crooked halo
The one with the crooked halo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen December 13th 2010, 12:03 am

all works fine on the external hd if it is formatted properly.
Fat it is...

only way to store movies and move them around
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down