Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Halloween.

4 posters

Go down

Happy Halloween.  Empty Happy Halloween.

Post by shanaya October 30th 2010, 7:56 pm

Have a great weekend, make sure you save some candy for yourselves, lol! Wink
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Happy Halloween.  Empty Re: Happy Halloween.

Post by budozero October 30th 2010, 7:59 pm

I hate it :p I didnt grow up in a country that actively celebrated it, it was always something you saw in American movies, now I am expected to take part, BUT, I dont want to :p
budozero
budozero
Assistant to the Administrator!

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya October 30th 2010, 8:07 pm

My son and his gf went to the PNE to participate in a Halloween thing they are having there this evening called "Fright Night". I told him to take some pics. Wink
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by budozero October 31st 2010, 5:30 pm

I got a bucket of candy, literally, and not one trick or treater Surprised xD
budozero
budozero
Assistant to the Administrator!

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc November 1st 2010, 4:27 am

Well, I'm FINALLY done with the pumpkin patch at work YEAH!!! They closed the Church tomorrow so we all get a day of rest whoppie......but Tues when we go back I have a LOT of work to do. The safe is busting out the seams with all the sales from the weekend I really do NOT look forward to trying to put this deposit together. I know there's a good 12 to 15 grand sitting in that little safe. It's gonna be fun trying to get it all balanced out. Then I have to sit down & do a spread sheet on how much the thing cost vs what came in over the last 3wks. Just operating on the weekends for the public & the weekday mornings with the schools busing in kids for field trips not counting today I'd say we're sitting at $40grand. Not to bad but it costs A LOT to put on what we do, it's really like a small fair w/o the big rides but with all the game booths, hay maze & tractor rides, pirate show, western shoot out skit & live band w a banjo, a washboard & a tub turned upside down with a sting n a broomstick. Real hillbilly band just missing the jug that you'd blow into LOL. All in all it was alot of fun & alot of work. Then ending with the trunks n treat tonight. We had over 50 cars with over 160 people that got decorated up & had vendors there selling coffee, grilled burgers n hot dogs, even fry bread n ice cream n kettle korn. The people that decorated their cars did such awesome jobs, my Amanda n David did a Grease theme it was really cute, but we had a fire truck there, a life care bus that taxis old people & such back n forth to the doctors, they had a Frankenstein standing on the wheel chair lift, one did nightmare before cmas theme had the movie playing on big screen TV, another had a trailer bed set up like a huge toy box & they were all toys n the danced around it was great, kinda like toy story bringing them to life(they won 1st place), one made a Disney castle n had all the Disney girl characters dressed up & Disney music playing(they got 2nd place) n the Nightmare one got 3rd place. The prizes were Disney gift cards, $500, $350 & $250, but I can tell you it cost them A LOT more to do their theme than what the prize was but it was all worth it for the fun that was there. When the patch was open it cost a little to get in then all the inside was free, cept for the vendors n pumpkin sales, but trunks n treat was totally free to the public n there was 5000 easy that came. We opened at 6pm tonight, had a steady flow of people till 8:30 then it FINALLY slowly thinned out & closed at 9(didn't get home till after 10 lol) but the people were lined up to get parked, had to open up the farm land next to us(which we own) for overflow of parking, then when people got in line I couldn't believe it, they were lined up all the way from the entry to around the front of our property all the way to the end of the property wrapped up along side the street in front of us it was CRAZY, I LOVED IT. I bought the kids over $200 for candy over 8000 pieces n ran out, we actually shared some w/others who were running out n the Church bought another $200 to have for people who ran out. It was awesome, instead of them staying at their home & decorating, they came out to the property in their cars n decorating them to hand out the candy, our own little neighborhood, it was so much fun. A lot of work set up n tear down but it was totally worth it the people had a blast.

I'm sorry I ramble on but I just LOVE my Church we are FUN and we STILL GET THE WORD out there. We don't do "Church", we do LIFE w/God it's just too cool. I know that there are a lot of people that say we are to "liberal", my husband being one of them LOL but I'm sorry, God doesn't live in a box or make people sad & put restrictions on you, HE just wants good people & not doing stupid stuff ya know. Of course we have the core values & we DO the core values, that's how you live your life, but you DON'T preach it out. I don't know why people feel the need to do that to others to get them to invite the Lord into their life & do life WITH HIM.

Anyway I'll stop now, not sure how many of you will read this all to the end but if you made it this far I hope the excitement flows thru & even tho you couldn't attend you got a good visual of what it would've been like, kinda like reading a book & experiencing it. If there are any videos or pics that get uploaded I'll post links, don't know if you'll want to see them but I still want to share, for you to have fun just seeing it, kinda like watch a movie. I'm gonna c&p this over to WS so you don't have to re-read it but it'll be a good "Yawner" for Sheila LOL.

I love all you guys here n miss you, I pray that you are having as much fun with this holiday in your life as well & in the ones that are coming up. We will be doing more stuff like this only change it up to fit the Holiday's that are coming up. This is how we evangelize, we don't go door to door knocking(not that there is anything wrong with that, don't get me wrong), we get people onto God's Land & plant seeds, if they come back to get fed, or even if they go to another Church, as long as they get filled somewhere with the word it is so worth every effort put into this & every cent to pay for it. Like when we put on the Jesus is Born production, it's a huge expense all on us it all free to the public. It's a MAJOR expense for the Church but if 1 soul is reached then it was worth it for God supplies the need, we provide a service for Him. It's all Spirit led n we must be doing something right for this is our4th yr & we have done only growing, kinda like the movie field of dreams, if you build it they will come N sure enough, we do it FOR HIM, n they do come.

Thanks again for letting me share this with you for all of you that have made it this far in this thread.

Even tho it's technically the 1st now, I say Happy Halloween to all of you & I REALLY WISH YOU COULD'VE BEEN HERE with me.

Good nite, morning or afternoon to where ever you may be right now. It's 1:30am here n I'm wired up still can ya tell LOL.
krstnvnc
krstnvnc
The one with the crooked halo

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb November 1st 2010, 9:25 pm

Read it all Kris, sounds awesome. Its a blessing in your life and you are a blessing to so many.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc November 2nd 2010, 12:12 am

Thanks Deb.
krstnvnc
krstnvnc

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya November 2nd 2010, 2:32 pm

That is so cool, Kris! I can sense your excitement about the day and life in general. I did read it all too, lol. Smile
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc November 3rd 2010, 12:29 am

Thanks. Slow day? LOL
krstnvnc
krstnvnc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down