Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mobile Broadband is pissing me off tonight

4 posters

Go down

Mobile Broadband is pissing me off tonight Empty Mobile Broadband is pissing me off tonight

Post by Guest June 11th 2008, 8:17 am

Sheesh, I'm at work and my mobile broadband is freakin worse than dial up tonight.

I don't know if they're having technical problems or too many people are online with mobile broadband and/or using cell phones in this area (it uses the cellphone towers).

Pages quarter/half load and I come back 5 minutes later and its still the same. I'm fed up with looking at that stupid hourglass. Laughing

This is only the second time its been this bad in the 6 months that I've had it.

Taken me ages to browse through the threads here, there's a couple of video threads I wanted to look at but I'll have to wait until I get home and I'm on my 'normal' broadband. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Mobile Broadband is pissing me off tonight Empty Re: Mobile Broadband is pissing me off tonight

Post by Mousessugar June 14th 2008, 12:05 am

Oh Im sure that really sucked for you being used to the fast.. so sorry for ya.. know the dial up woes.. hate it on a daily basis.. lol count to 10 and breathe deeply then take a happy anxiety pill and know the smile will come eventually..lol Of course I'm kidding.. hope it gets better.. Smile
Mousessugar
Mousessugar
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Mobile Broadband is pissing me off tonight Empty Re: Mobile Broadband is pissing me off tonight

Post by Guest June 14th 2008, 3:19 am

Thanks, Marti. Laughing

Been like that for 3 nights in a row now. I'm off work till next Wednesday so I don't need to use it again till then. I'm going to try it out on one of my laptops here at home later to find out if its just a problem they're having with their cellphone towers or whatever in the area where I work or if its a problem with the little USB modem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 14th 2008, 7:23 pm

Well, it works perfectly fine at home so it must be a problem in the Craigie area where I work. If its still playing up when I go to work next Wednesday I'll give them a call. (4 days off for me at the moment). yippee

I'm using it along with my regular home broadband to download an 8 part file from RapidShare. By having 2 ISP's and 2 IP address ranges I can halve the time it takes to download the whole thing since they make you wait an hour and a half (they say one hour but that's BS) between downloads unless you have a paid account. That's on top of the stupid 2 minute wait each time before you can actually start downloading unless its 'Happy Hour'. rolleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousessugar June 14th 2008, 10:40 pm

Well am glad the problem isn't on your end though.. I bet your pleased to be off several days in a row.. Smile Enjoy.. shower yippee
Mousessugar
Mousessugar
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 19th 2008, 6:01 am

Whoo-hoo! My mobile broadband is back to normal at work tonight.

Don't tell anyone I'm here. I'm supposed to be working. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by oops June 22nd 2008, 1:13 pm

Everytime I see the Heading "What Cheeses Me Off" I have to remind meself that I have never heard this saying before. I know what it means but I have never heard the word "cheese" used in it before. Is this a new way of substituting another word in place of cheese? If it a local saying? Just wondering.

oops
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc June 22nd 2008, 1:34 pm

I've never heard it before either, oops. amigo
Doc
Doc
Rude, Crude and Obnoxious
Rude, Crude and Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 23rd 2008, 8:15 am

I thought it was a pretty common expression?

Oh, well, while I think about for a while, here's something funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y-WvWLfkR8

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen November 17th 2008, 3:05 am

I thought it was say 'cheese' when they wanted you to smile to take your picture! ...

Carl are you spying on us and taking our pictures?
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 18th 2008, 6:45 am

Been caught in a 5 month time warp or something have you, Doreen? tongue1 biggrin

Spying on everyone (and taking pictures, if needed) is The Observer's job. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen November 20th 2008, 1:17 am

Carl D wrote:Been caught in a 5 month time warp or something have you, Doreen? tongue1 biggrin

Spying on everyone (and taking pictures, if needed) is The Observer's job. Laughing

I was going 88 mph and ended up in another year somewhere in time.

I came back and lost 5 months. strange.
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 20th 2008, 1:47 am

Well, Doreen, you just can't rely on those flux capacitors, can you?

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Flux_Capacitor

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down