Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telephone Solicitors

+3
baldwindeb
Doc
shanaya
7 posters

Go down

Telephone Solicitors Empty Telephone Solicitors

Post by shanaya June 27th 2008, 10:36 pm

Most of the phone calls I get are bloody spam crap trying to sell me something. Most of the time I don't answer my phone but once in awhile I will as I just did, and it starts with..."Good evening, maaam". Next time I will answer again and get my cookie monster to talk to them, hee hee!!! Laughing
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Telephone Solicitors Empty Re: Telephone Solicitors

Post by Doc June 27th 2008, 10:54 pm

I always interrupt them, and try to sell them Amway, or Tupperware. Once I offered a Bottle Club membership, where for only ten dollars a month, they could receive a bottle of imported liquor every single week.

Wish it were true! hysterical
Doc
Doc
Rude, Crude and Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya June 27th 2008, 10:57 pm

Niiiiceeee!!! Wink
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb June 27th 2008, 11:22 pm

My twenty year old usually answers the phone and he messes with them so bad I have to laugh. He always tries to set up a date no matter if the person is male or female. they tend to hang up quickly...
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 27th 2008, 11:37 pm

We're on the National 'Do Not Call' register here so we don't get those sort of calls anymore. Thank goodness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc June 27th 2008, 11:41 pm

baldwindeb wrote:My twenty year old usually answers the phone and he messes with them so bad I have to laugh. He always tries to set up a date no matter if the person is male or female. they tend to hang up quickly...

Good idea! That WOULD get rid of them. Very Happy
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya June 28th 2008, 12:30 am

That is awesome Deb!!! BTW Doc, I absolutely love your sig! I get a kick out of it every time I see it! Very Happy
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc June 28th 2008, 1:06 am

shanaya wrote:That is awesome Deb!!! BTW Doc, I absolutely love your sig! I get a kick out of it every time I see it! Very Happy

That's one I put together especially for a fat, blubbery, water-logged "friend" over in WS, when he accused me of trying to make a fool of him.

He didn't enjoy it nearly as much as you, though. amigo
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb June 28th 2008, 6:26 am

Carl D wrote:We're on the National 'Do Not Call' register here so we don't get those sort of calls anymore. Thank goodness.
We have that too here but still get the calls.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Celegorm June 30th 2008, 6:26 pm

Nothing beats how Tom Mabe deals with telemarketers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un_PjRXV5l8

I wish I could do that. I would just lose it in middle of it all and give myself away.

Celegorm

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya June 30th 2008, 7:06 pm

Lol I heard that one! It is hilarious! Laughing
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee July 1st 2008, 9:54 am

baldwindeb wrote:
Carl D wrote:We're on the National 'Do Not Call' register here so we don't get those sort of calls anymore. Thank goodness.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a set fine for every time telemarketers call someone on the list, if reported. I don't have the link where you report them but Google should.

Lee
Starter Member
Starter Member

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb July 1st 2008, 10:27 am

Lee wrote:
baldwindeb wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, there's a set fine for every time telemarketers call someone on the list, if reported. I don't have the link where you report them but Google should.
Yes, but you have to have their name or number and at times they show up without a number.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by shadetree July 13th 2008, 10:30 am

That dont even work. They still call!! I just tell them that I need to speak to their boss. I get the boss on the phone and explain that they just called a "DO NOT CALL" number. I tell them that they just cost their company $10,000 dollars (which is the fine for calling a do not call number)

They want to know MY number so they dont call again...

HUH??? YOU CALLED ME AND YOU WANT ME TO GIVE YOU MY NUMBER??

Or, I just tell them to hold on a second, set the phone down and act like I am beating the hell out of my wife "redneck style"..
"Beeatch, you better get me my vittles, (BANG/SLAM) I told you that I wanted my dinner on time (slam/bang)

Works every time!!

shadetree

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen November 26th 2008, 12:23 pm

Computer generated numbers that sometimes when you get them and no one even answers the computer registers it into the list to call. They are in a central office where when 1 call finishes there phone lights up they have a new connection to torment.

I think you have to add your number to the do not call every year. It seems like they expire as I have added it, then get calls and then add them again.

FAX is worse, even if I don't answer they waste my paper and ink. NOW THAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF!

I can hang up on the others or choose not to answer.
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 26th 2008, 7:05 pm

Heck, seeing as you send and receive a million emails (lol) every day, Doreen, I'm sure a few extra phone calls or faxes wouldn't bother you... Razz Laughing

Probably get plenty of 'snail mail' too... wouldn't be surprised if it was enough for you to need your own zip code. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen February 27th 2009, 1:54 pm

Carl D wrote:Heck, seeing as you send and receive a million emails (lol) every day, Doreen, I'm sure a few extra phone calls or faxes wouldn't bother you... Razz Laughing

Probably get plenty of 'snail mail' too... wouldn't be surprised if it was enough for you to need your own zip code. lol!

Telephone Solicitors Begoodri3

not quite a million... and 3/4 of them are filtered into folders that I rarely would read, I browse through subject lines.

I 'm saving all that snail junk mail to heat my house with someday...
Telephone Solicitors Smartass
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down