Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Being a mother

3 posters

Go down

Being a mother Empty Being a mother

Post by baldwindeb June 30th 2008, 7:22 am

Sometimes being a mother is full of joy and excitement. Like when your child first begins to smile, roll over, talk, or when they begin to walk. The joy those things bring.
As the years go by and you teach them and guide them , you pray that they are safe and well. You have a lot of control of their lives. They bring you happiness and tears during that first recital at school or church. Happiness is what it is.
They begin to grow and form ideas and opinions of the world and you look at them and smile knowing you have done a pretty good job.
They grow older, they graduate grade school and move on to high school. The change is amazing during this time. Some days you don't know who the stranger is in your house. You wonder did someone exchange your child for this person who now lives there.
They begin to explore the world in different ways and they dont always do what we taught them or what we think they should do, they are becoming independent...exactly what we wanted but not at that exact moment any way. lol
They turn 18 and think they are adults because of a number. If they only knew.....
Well that is where I am at with my son ,Richard as you know him.
He has turned out to be a fine young man (even if some of you seen his less adult side from time to time ..lol)
Today he has taken his first trip further away from me than I want. He is going to spend a week with his girlfriend and her family. They are such nice people that live in a very small town here in Illinois. There are only about 400 people there.
Today as I waited with him at the bus stop as he was headed to the train station I looked at him and wanted to keep him with me. I didn't want him to walk, talk, or have his own ideas. I wanted to protect him from this world, to keep him with me so I can make sure he is ok. As I walked away with tears rolling down my face I sure hope all I have taught him means something.
And after all this time of all we have been through he still brings me happiness and I still smile through one of the hardest parts of being a parent...letting go.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Being a mother Empty Re: Being a mother

Post by shanaya June 30th 2008, 11:08 am

That was very nicely put, Deb! Smile
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousessugar June 30th 2008, 11:48 pm

Deb, I would just like to say as Shawna did. what a lovely way to word it all.. letting go is probably one of my biggest fears with mine.. school is the begining ... chokes me up just to think of them not being with me all the time.. even though they drive me crazy..
Mousessugar
Mousessugar
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down