Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judas Priest Concert

3 posters

Go down

Judas Priest Concert Empty Judas Priest Concert

Post by shanaya July 24th 2008, 4:08 pm

It is tonight and have excellent seats!!! Very Happy It is going to be a blast! guitar
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest Concert Empty Re: Judas Priest Concert

Post by sharber60 July 24th 2008, 6:36 pm

Have fun & get some pictures.. Very Happy
sharber60
sharber60
Plus Member
Plus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 25th 2008, 1:58 am

Yes... pictures please. Laughing

Have a great time. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya July 25th 2008, 8:04 pm

Judas Priest Concert Th_VIDEO0013

Noisy video, was before the concert began. Just showing all the peeps there, plus this guy beside us was really cool, he is a big fan and we talked quite alot about the concert and bands we have seen! Very Happy
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest Concert Empty Pikchas!!! <-(that means pictures for you slow people-LOL)

Post by shanaya July 25th 2008, 8:07 pm

Judas Priest Concert IMAG0094
Judas Priest Concert IMAG0093
Judas Priest Concert IMAG0091
Judas Priest Concert IMAG0090
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ro'Jinn July 26th 2008, 9:26 pm

Can't believe how close we were to the metal gods, holy crap. I swear Rob Halford looked at me straight at the eye along with K.K. Downing, it was awesome. Here is my review for it all...

First of all I can't stress enough about the vocal talent that Rob Halford gave that night, he sung everything flawlessly despite being so close to 57 years old he can blow anyone at the age of 20 out the water with no effort. He can't be touched Shocked and I'm never a huge fanboy either, it's 100% true. I sung painkiller with him at the pitch he did too which was surprising, I didn't know I could pull that off and have voice left over, was sooo much fun Cool As for K.K. Downing, Glen Tipton, Ian Hill, and the crazy drummer Scott Travis, all flawless. Scott Travis is one of my favourite drummers, and he never lets anyone down in showmanship as well as technicallity. Glen and K.K. both just get better at guitar with each tour, they age like fine wine. Of course to be balanced in a review I need to have complaints too. My only complaints were that it seemed that it was too short, but in reality, it wasn't. There was just 4 or so hours of songs I wanted to hear live, but it was sooo awesome hearing classics like Electric Eye, Devil's Child, Sinner, Painkiller, Breaking the Law, and some song or two I wasn't familiar with because I've yet to buy the album Point of Entry.

Say what you will about their new album but I seriously love that album, I'm a metalhead through and through which means I love all aspects as long as it stands out. I love albums that grow on you, which Nostradamus did all the way, it is something you have to listen to very carefully to really get it, and multiple times from start to finish. They only played two songs from that album in the concert which to be honest i wished they played more of my favourites from it, but again it was unrealistic. Albums growing on me is what made me love so many bands that sound so odd from what you normally hear, but it makes it more personal too, so I'm very passionate, I don't care what anyone else thinks in the end, but I'll always listen to other's opinions.

In Conclusion, the perfomance was just terrific, it was also the first time I heard Testament, and to be honest they are quite good. The vocalist is amazing how he sings without screwing up his voice, becase death and black metal use very specific parts of the throat (I can do black metal and never hurt myself or vocal range) but for the singer in Testament which is a thrash band, it sounds like he just screams and growls with his main vocal cords too, amazing talent. They in my opinion aren't as good as thrash bands like Megadeth, Anthrax, Overkill, or Slayer, but they are a lot of fun... Especially live, their performance gave me the desire to check out some of their albums which I'll buy sometime soon.

I just can't stress how good the vocals were done, I've yet to hear Rob Halford do a better job on the song Painkiller than on that night I saw them, he outdid the fecking album, and that says a lot there. I've seen a video of the Painkiller tour and he still couldn't do it as well as he did that night. My score therefore is 99/100. As nothing is truely perfect.

Ro'Jinn
The Juggernaut
The Juggernaut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 27th 2008, 2:58 am

Awesome!

Thanks for the pictures. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content