Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Code purple

2 posters

Go down

Code purple Empty Code purple

Post by baldwindeb October 15th 2008, 7:21 pm

One day last week I was trying to boot up my pc after comcast came to install the internet. My pc got hung on a MS update. It was hung for hours. So I read up on it and I decided I had to reformat because nothing I did corrected the situation. I reformatted but when it rebooted a configuration error came up and in parenthesis it said code purple.
I asked at WS if anyone knew what it was or what I could do to fix it. I did some reading on it and found out it had to do with the tattoo on the motherboard being messed up.

Larry, yes our Larry, posted in my thread an article about code purple and that I need to contact HP and they would replace my desktop. I contacted them, immediately when I said code purple they sent me a box to ship it back to them. I should be getting a new PC this coming week.
Here is the what Larry shared with me.
http://www.billoblog.com/?p=152
One of the posters is an HP phone associate.
So remember if you ever see code purple you can try to fix it or send it in for a new machine.

Thanks again Larry
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Code purple Empty Re: Code purple

Post by shanaya October 15th 2008, 7:49 pm

Wow! Thanks for the info, Deb! I have a Compaq and I hope it doesn't mess up! I installed a video card in it and it has been good so far!
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down