Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Election

4 posters

Go down

American Election Empty American Election

Post by shanaya October 21st 2008, 10:32 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but I will be glad when the American Election is over. All I see in my opinion is back and forth mud slinging and it makes me ill. Some in RPC @ WS seem to hate each other just because they represent different political views. I am not saying all do, but some. Both sides. I am friends with almost everyone there, I have no animosity with any one there for the most part. Timothy is biased of course but in all honesty, I think Phil is as well. Like I said, both sides. Sometimes it is like watching a kiddy playground there. Laughing It is funny, but repetitive. Nothing seems to change. I respect Deb, Doc, Kassie, even Walrus sometimes, Phil most times, Elwood I have no problem with. Ezra is... Ezra. Laughing
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

American Election Empty Re: American Election

Post by Doc October 22nd 2008, 1:45 am

It definitely is getting tiresome, both on the news, and in RPC. And of course, even when you take some of the more ardent party-liners out of the picture, politics still tends to stir up emotions. I consider Phil a good friend, and for the most part, we think alike. I just don't happen to consider myself a Republican.

As for Timothy, he doesn't come to the forum to discuss, he comes to spew his opinions around like drunken spittle, and then insult everyone that doesn't immediately congratulate him on his canniness and eloquence. I'd like to buy him for what he's worth, and sell him for what he THINKS he's worth!

Walrus and Ezra are alike...capable of being decent and pleasant when the mood strikes them, but incapable of entertaining any dissent. Both can be insulting, so I find them tiresome.

Hal is an intelligent fellow, and I used to enjoy discussing things with him, but lately, he's gotten more and more like Tim, so I just stay away from him.

Sheila made an observation the other day, that things had been pretty civil lately. By RPC standards, she was correct. However, by saying it out loud, it may have doomed us to a relapse!

At the very latest, the next explosion of hate and discontent is bound to take place immediately following the election results. amigo
Doc
Doc
Rude, Crude and Obnoxious
Rude, Crude and Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 22nd 2008, 2:18 am

I long for the 'good old days' when people like Juts and Ky were posting in RPC. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb October 22nd 2008, 7:51 am

Well were else are we going to discuss politics if it isn't at RP&C?
I don't pay much attention to most and I don't get mad over politics at all.
I just stated how I see it or how I feel about it.
Ezra is whacked out.
Sometimes he sends me a mean message on my messenger but then runs and hides and wont respond any further.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc October 22nd 2008, 10:38 am

LOL, I'm working too much as of late & when I do get to peek in & make a lil quip, it did get some fire going lol...............& I thought wallys humor was dry...........mines a killer haha Smile

How is everyone, it's been awhile, sorry, but heading off to yet another 13hr day. Will peek again hopefully at some point.

Ya'all have a GREAT DAY !!!!
krstnvnc
krstnvnc
The one with the crooked halo

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya October 22nd 2008, 1:59 pm

Dammit, I had a post in preview at coffee break this morning, and accidentally hit the backspace button, and "POOF!" It was gone. Grrrr... Trying again at lunch break! Smile

What I said was, Deb, you ask others questions as to why they feel the way they do about their political side, and I respect that. Even if you don't agree with them.

Doc, your perceptions of those in RPC is right on the money, and I admire you for that.

Kris, I understood what you were trying to get across with your post, even if the others took it the wrong way, don't worry about them.

Carl, you are just generally nice. Laughing
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc October 22nd 2008, 4:26 pm

Ah, thanks Shanaya, you're a sweetheart. But all in all, I know that our system is very frustrating & probably even more so for people like yourself that has no control over what is happening yet it does have a great impact in your area in one way or another. I myself am sorry that this mess that has become of our system has effected so many others outside of our realm. I just keep praying that when all the dust settles that things will start getting done. Right now, all either side is worried about is theirself & how to win a vote or two & not so much focused on the big picture. It seems like all they want to do is put a bandaide on everything till after the election & then THAT President will begin the healing (which has me worried as to what is going to happen on either side, just one scares me more than the other, that being Obama, I think he's a ticking time bomb & when he gets in, we're really gonna see the US taking hits in EVERY area & you think you're being effected now, wait till he gets control & the Dems start going to work, it's scarry what they will have the power to do).
krstnvnc
krstnvnc

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb October 22nd 2008, 6:46 pm

krstnvnc wrote:Ah, thanks Shanaya, you're a sweetheart. But all in all, I know that our system is very frustrating & probably even more so for people like yourself that has no control over what is happening yet it does have a great impact in your area in one way or another. I myself am sorry that this mess that has become of our system has effected so many others outside of our realm. I just keep praying that when all the dust settles that things will start getting done. Right now, all either side is worried about is theirself & how to win a vote or two & not so much focused on the big picture. It seems like all they want to do is put a bandaide on everything till after the election & then THAT President will begin the healing (which has me worried as to what is going to happen on either side, just one scares me more than the other, that being Obama, I think he's a ticking time bomb & when he gets in, we're really gonna see the US taking hits in EVERY area & you think you're being effected now, wait till he gets control & the Dems start going to work, it's scarry what they will have the power to do).
I agree 100%. We will just have to wait and watch and possibly duck....
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya October 22nd 2008, 8:14 pm

Is Obama that bad? Or is it the Democratic policies that are? Also, I was wondering who else is on the ballot and why does the media ignore the other parties?
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb October 22nd 2008, 8:45 pm

It depends who you ask...
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya October 22nd 2008, 10:56 pm

Major Candidates

http://www.votesmart.org/election_president.php

I would not have known these others existed had I not searched.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya October 22nd 2008, 11:16 pm

Your Presidential Candidate Selector Results...

What is your rating of '2008 Presidential Candidate Selector'? (5=best, 0=poor)
5 Stars
4 Stars
3 Stars
2 Stars
1 Star
0 Stars

Your Results: Email Your Results (See link below this list)

1. Theoretical Ideal Candidate (100%)
2. Al Gore (not announced) (58%)
3. Barack Obama (56%)
4. Bob Barr (56%)
5. Cynthia McKinney (54%)
6. Christopher Dodd (endorsed Obama) (53%)
7. Hillary Clinton (defeated, endorsed Obama) (50%)
8. Ralph Nader (48%)
9. Wayne Allyn Root (is now Bob Barr's running mate) (48%)
10. Mike Gravel (withdrawn) (46%)
11. Joseph Biden (withdrawn) (46%)
12. John Edwards (withdrawn) (45%)
13. Bill Richardson (withdrawn, endorsed Obama) (44%)
14. Ron Paul (concedes nomination not possible) (44%)
15. Wesley Clark (not running, endorsed Clinton) (44%)
16. Dennis Kucinich (withdrawn) (43%)
17. Newt Gingrich (says he will not run) (43%)
18. Tommy Thompson (withdrawn, endorsed Giuliani) (43%)
19. Chuck Hagel (not running) (42%)
20. Michael Bloomberg (says he will not run) (41%)
21. John McCain (34%)
22. Fred Thompson (withdrawn) (34%)
23. Mitt Romney (withdrawn, endorsed McCain) (33%)
24. Sam Brownback (withdrawn, endorsed McCain) (33%)
25. Stephen Colbert (campaign halted) (33%)
26. Mike Huckabee (withdrawn) (32%)
27. Rudolph Giuliani (withdrawn, endorsed McCain) (31%)
28. Kent McManigal (campaign suspended) (30%)
29. Alan Keyes (28%)
30. Jim Gilmore (withdrawn) (28%)
31. Tom Tancredo (withdrawn, endorsed Romney) (26%)
32. Duncan Hunter (withdrawn, endorsed Huckabee) (24%)
33. Elaine Brown (withdrawn) (21%)

http://www.selectsmart.com/president/2008.html

I guess my ideal candidate is theoretical..... go figure. Razz
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down