Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Is Why I Am Afraid Of Posting Stuff For Sale Online To Strangers

+2
baldwindeb
shanaya
6 posters

Go down

This Is Why I Am Afraid Of Posting Stuff For Sale Online To Strangers Empty Re: This Is Why I Am Afraid Of Posting Stuff For Sale Online To Strangers

Post by baldwindeb May 3rd 2010, 9:17 am

That sucks. Here there is a guy who does that and hasnt been caught yet.
He hasnt killed anyone but he meets up with ppl and robs them, makes them take their clothes off and leaves them.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

This Is Why I Am Afraid Of Posting Stuff For Sale Online To Strangers Empty Re: This Is Why I Am Afraid Of Posting Stuff For Sale Online To Strangers

Post by Doreen May 4th 2010, 5:20 am

some weird sick people wandering around out there loose.

Sheesh... too bad about craigs list. if they didn't use that, they would find ways to rob other people I'm sure.

I have had good luck, but usually when people come here, I don't let anyone in my house.
I sold vacuums and they can plug them in on the patio if they want to see if they run.
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc May 4th 2010, 5:23 pm

I haven't had ay problems either. Selling or even going to somewhere to buy. You never know, if someone wanted to they could do it either way. Where there's a will...

Sad tho. U prob see more in bigger locations than in little rural cities like mine.
krstnvnc
krstnvnc
The one with the crooked halo

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya May 4th 2010, 8:48 pm

I am still paranoid about that, either way. I try to sell what I don't need to family and friends first and foremost.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya May 4th 2010, 9:28 pm

Ebay may be the way to go as well... you just have to send the product. No one has to come to your house.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc May 5th 2010, 1:14 am

True, but there are costs involved w ebay even if you don't sell the product.
krstnvnc
krstnvnc

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya May 5th 2010, 11:28 am

Yeah there is that downside to it. I would probably take advantage of the free 5 listings they offer when you first start selling.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc May 5th 2010, 2:54 pm

Yeah, it's not totally free tho. There are surcharges you get stuck with if it sells. They get a piece of the action plus so does paypal for taking payment. Everyone gets a piece of the pie.
krstnvnc
krstnvnc

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen May 5th 2010, 8:43 pm

ebay costs,
craigs list is free and more coverage for local area.
Lots of Free stuff on craigs list too, not just craigs list, why do you have to invite people INTO the house. that was their mistake.
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Loahss May 7th 2010, 1:31 pm

I joined Freecycle a few weeks ago, it's where you post things you are offering to give away and request things you'd like to have...all free. At least once a week freecycle posts a caution notice. Do not go to other houses alone, meet in public, if you live alone do not give out an address, etc.
In a Twin City suburb in MN, someone posted a help wanted ad on Craig's List for a nanny, a young girl went to apply and was raped and murdered. Now this was a city girl, who should have been "street smart", it's just not safe to be naive and gullible and take things at face value. Please be careful out there. affraid
Loahss
Loahss
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sharber60 May 7th 2010, 2:57 pm

Shawna Fraser Valley Cheapcycle is very good Local members

FVCheapcycle · Fraser Valley Cheapcycle
sharber60
sharber60
Plus Member
Plus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya May 7th 2010, 3:04 pm

sharber60 wrote:Shawna Fraser Valley Cheapcycle is very good Local members

FVCheapcycle · Fraser Valley Cheapcycle

Yah I am a member of that but not sure about selling more expensive items thru there. I still don't like the idea of strangers coming into my apartment.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 17th 2010, 11:53 am

Wow!

I would never try to sell anything online. Especially after reading that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen June 22nd 2010, 9:51 am

allowing people into your private space is the problem I think, and numbers.

I have people come all the time to buy horses, but they are outside and there are always plenty of people around, and daylight.
Probably depends on what you are selling as well.
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya June 22nd 2010, 11:48 pm

That is true. I am pretty much by myself so feel vulnerable and most of my stuff requires a plug so I just can't see myself hauling all that downstairs to the lobby to test for someone only for them to say they aren't interested.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen June 28th 2010, 8:34 am

can't blame you

what about ebay? is it worth it? they give you 5 free listings a month, just use html and host your photos on Photobucket.
they are hoping to making the photo fees as well as the $%....

bidding is ok sometimes but often the market is so flooded with cheap stuff hard to get what you want on ebay.
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya June 29th 2010, 9:21 pm

I will give it a shot. f it doesn't work out, oh well. Smile
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down