Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh, Boy What A Day At Work Today!

2 posters

Go down

Oh, Boy What A Day At Work Today! Empty Oh, Boy What A Day At Work Today!

Post by shanaya July 12th 2010, 10:07 pm

This afternoon, our operations manager aka my boss was using the excavator and broke the main water line for the whole place so the plant farm and hatchery all without water. That was fine, somewhat. I was debeaking ducklings with Frank when I heard a big whoosh sound, I thought it was water but then I smelled gas. It seems he broke the natural gas line afterwards doing the digging. Dial before you dig! He definitely should hire professionals as he cost the company more money by breaking things being a doofus and he could have killed a lot of people in the process. I shut off both debeakers as they have red hot blades. Anything could spark. Also the guys that were around the gas line most were smokers. If anyone of them had a cigarette, they all would have been toast. I was in the building right beside this chaos, I could have died as well. We left early, the hatchery crew except Frank the old guy went back and started debeaking again, I just threw up my hands and left. I did not feel safe, as Hydro had to still arrive to fix the gas leak, and it was still leaking as I left, though not as much.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Oh, Boy What A Day At Work Today! Empty Re: Oh, Boy What A Day At Work Today!

Post by sharber60 July 13th 2010, 6:11 pm

That is bad glad you are safe and got out of there. Hope Frank got a clue and left too.
sharber60
sharber60
Plus Member
Plus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya July 13th 2010, 10:37 pm

Frank wanted to finish the job, despite the danger. Although that was commendable, it was also stupid. Quite a few people could have been in the path of a major blast. Colton and Pearl were ok as in a farther away building. Joe hasn't mentioned about his mistake, I am sure he is well aware of the potential repercussions of it and most likely got charged from Hydro for the damage.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down