Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows Vista - Naughty But Nice Settings

3 posters

Go down

Windows Vista - Naughty But Nice Settings Empty Windows Vista - Naughty But Nice Settings

Post by irishgodfather1 August 5th 2008, 4:41 pm

irishgodfather1
irishgodfather1
Plus Member
Plus Member

Back to top Go down

Windows Vista - Naughty But Nice Settings Empty Re: Windows Vista - Naughty But Nice Settings

Post by shanaya August 5th 2008, 7:12 pm

Excellent!!! Bookmarked that site! Cool
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Windows Vista - Naughty But Nice Settings Empty Re: Windows Vista - Naughty But Nice Settings

Post by Doreen July 14th 2009, 7:28 pm

been back more than once to that site.
Sometimes vista should be named pita
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya July 14th 2009, 7:31 pm

Oh, come on Doreen, it isn't that bad. Wink Have you pre-ordered Windows 7?
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen July 14th 2009, 7:36 pm

shanaya wrote:Oh, come on Doreen, it isn't that bad. Wink Have you pre-ordered Windows 7?

not a chance.Windows Vista - Naughty But Nice Settings 0049
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 15th 2009, 12:04 am

They are going to have to take Windows XP away from me with a crowbar. I now have XP back on my main PC and 2 laptops.

The main PC and the newer laptop had Vista Home Premium. The older laptop has XP Pro.

The last straw came when Vista kept 'losing' my network on the main PC. How the heck can it not find the network when the main PC is hard wired to the router? The 2 laptops (even the one with Vista) could still find the network even though they're connected via wireless. Sheesh. Rolling Eyes

And, there's no chance of me touching Windows 7.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 30th 2009, 10:35 pm

Well, here's an update.

I've installed Vista again on a new hard drive. I'm keeping XP on the older one so I can use it if I feel like a change.

Vista has been running fine for a couple of weeks now. Looks like a driver update for my network adaptor from Windows Update was causing my problem back in July.

Moral of the story: Never install driver updates from Windows Update.

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya August 30th 2009, 10:58 pm

Thanks for the update from previous rant, Carl Wink
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 30th 2009, 11:17 pm

July 15th was Rant Day for me. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen September 1st 2009, 5:37 pm

Carl D wrote:July 15th was Rant Day for me. Razz

Shocked Laughing that 's ok, we all have those days
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down