Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayers for my parents please

+10
krstnvnc
Doc
sharber60
Doreen
irishgodfather1
shanaya
Mousessugar
Loahss
Lynn
baldwindeb
14 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Prayers for my parents please - Page 2 Empty Re: Prayers for my parents please

Post by Doc July 2nd 2009, 1:24 am

Sorry to hear this, Deb. Isn't there anyone else in the family, that's close enough to help out? You shouldn't have to deal with all this all alone.
Doc
Doc
Rude, Crude and Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousessugar July 2nd 2009, 2:39 am

I am so sorry to hear that Deb.. I will keep you all in my prayers..

Prayers for my parents please - Page 2 Sendingprayers32332u
Mousessugar
Mousessugar
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb July 2nd 2009, 7:37 am

I cant do it anymore.I have no help. Dad went back to er.He pulled his catheter out and it got stuck.I cant do it anymore, it is killing me.i dont know what they will do with him but I cant do it.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn July 2nd 2009, 8:22 am

I'm so sorry about your Mom .Deb.....
Lynn
Lynn
2 Sassy
2 Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc July 2nd 2009, 8:34 am

baldwindeb wrote:I cant do it anymore.I have no help. Dad went back to er.He pulled his catheter out and it got stuck.I cant do it anymore, it is killing me.i dont know what they will do with him but I cant do it.
Deb, I woke up this morning EARLY. Don't know why, but came on & saw this posted. I tried calling u right now & it went to voice. I tried calling you LATE last night like 1130is my time. I also posted a msg bout it & for some odd reason it didn't show, hope this one posts.

If u have NO help, than step back & let the docs do what they can while there in the hospital. Keep ck'g in on them but let them sleep as much as possible. Let the nurses station know where u'll be, find a place to sit for awhile, preferrably in a chapel in the hospital & find the chaplin for some strength.

U R a rock but certainly not a Boulder. U can't handle all that wait. If you're able to, grab a bible, curl up by the bedside & get lost in His word at EVERY chance you get. Find strength & solace in that. I know ur eyes are burning, your nerves are shot, your legs & arms are gone & your mind is a mess. This is where the Spirit within u will shine. Breath in deep & let go slowly, do this a few times to reach a realm of serenity, if u can. Then step back, let the doc & nurses do what they can, God is working thru them. We pray for rejuvination & miracles, but prepare for the least of all senarios. In that preparation, find THAT peice of Peace.

What are the doctors "saying" to you. What does the next few days, months look like? Then again, sorrow is an emotion that will NEVER be avoided, but embraced it it can be an expierence of one of God's most tender moments that is given to us to spend. Spend it with His joy in you & rest in it, don't allow Satan to take ANY part of your joy. Celebrate God & find the comforance there & help ur folks to step into it as well, & flow with where He is taking you on this journey.

I love you & u should see my number on your cell.........just do a redial whenever you need another ear

Hugz Lady, XXXOOOO
krstnvnc
krstnvnc
The one with the crooked halo

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya July 2nd 2009, 7:32 pm

Damn, Deb! You need some support from your brothers! Why can't they come and help? I am so sorry you have to go through all of this, especially both parents at the same time. That is too much for one person to take!
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb July 2nd 2009, 11:51 pm

Well mom signed herself out of the hospital. She yelled at me because I couldn't answer my phone at work. We cant use cell phones on the sales floor, I have to wait until lunch to do so. So I got her message that dad needed to come home. I told her I could not leave work and she told me I wont even help them so she got mad and signed herself out.
I did all I could do.
Good news is, They fired my manager today.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya July 2nd 2009, 11:55 pm

Wow!
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya July 2nd 2009, 11:58 pm

Sorry, don't know what to say.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb July 3rd 2009, 12:08 am

Me either girlie.
They have her on morphine so she may not be thinking clear.
They wanted to put dad in a nursing home temporarily but mom said no and left the hospital.
I dont know what they expect. Think about it. She is fighting lung cancer, he is an invalid who has dialysis. She may pass before him, what does she think will happen then? I mean there is no one person who can take care of his 24 hours and that is what is required.
I feel bad but I did all I could do.
May God forgive me if I am wrong.
Today I ate for the first time in a week and kept it down.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn July 3rd 2009, 7:25 am

Take care of yourself Deb......stress can make you ill

Good news is, They fired my manager today.

It's about time !!
Lynn
Lynn
2 Sassy
2 Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen July 3rd 2009, 12:31 pm

this is tough, horrible news, and I feel so bad for you to have to go through all this alone.

your Dad is lucky he isn't in a coma as well with his sugar at 681.
You have to be able to eat or you will be in the hospital with them.

Keeping you in my prayers.
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 3rd 2009, 12:35 pm

Still keeping you in my prayers, Deb. Take care.

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb July 3rd 2009, 1:07 pm

Doreen wrote:this is tough, horrible news, and I feel so bad for you to have to go through all this alone.

your Dad is lucky he isn't in a coma as well with his sugar at 681.
You have to be able to eat or you will be in the hospital with them.

Keeping you in my prayers.
I am so glad I have John and my boys to help me through this. John has been my rock. He has sat with my dad when I couldnt because of work. John isnt his son though, John is my partner and has done more for my parents than their own children.
he has spent twice the amount on gas this week going back and forth to my parents , taking me there bringing me home to get clothes, going to work.
My mother screams at me that John should be there for when dad got home yesterday. I told her why should John be there he doesnt have the keys and he has to work. John was so good that he was going to take the day off of work yesterday to sit with dad,something their own sons( my brothers) wouldnt do. But after we sent dad to er I told John to go to work because he was giving up 250 dollar pay for the day and at this point no one can afford to loos that much money but he sure was willing to and we get no thanks for all we have done.
I can go on and on.
I am worried about mom because if what the doc says is true she has 2 to 4 months to live and all she is worried about is dad being at home. What good is it her being their beause when she dies he is still going into a home.

Happy Fourth everyone. I work all weekend and 53 hours next week because my manager was fired. My job is on the line too,I think they want all fresh meat in there so they can pay them less.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc July 3rd 2009, 4:45 pm

Hang in there, Deb. First, you need to eat, and take care of yourself, so you don't make yourself sick, too.
You have a tough situation right now, and I'm afraid some tough decisions coming at you, as well. I'm sorry to hear that your brothers have left you holding the bag, but it is what it is. Maybe it's time for you to be as hard on them as you are on yourself.

I'm glad you've got John in your corner. He sounds like a good man.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb July 3rd 2009, 5:37 pm

Doc, they dont care about anyone but themselves. They are not going to help. One brother actually said he can not help take care of dad. Another said I wasnt going to lay this all on him and the last one hasnt even contacted me.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya July 3rd 2009, 6:44 pm

That is truly sad, Deb. Why can't they even lift one finger to help? It is their parents as well! They sound very selfish.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb July 4th 2009, 8:32 am

Mom is in such pain. I went to see her last night.
We are going to have a family meeting this coming week, Something has to be done. This woman is beyond sick .
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousessugar July 4th 2009, 12:40 pm

Prayers for my parents please - Page 2 BEARPR16
Mousessugar
Mousessugar
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc July 4th 2009, 5:03 pm

Debbie, I'm sorry we haven't been able to hook up yet. Sorry to hear that your siblings aren't helping out. You are certainly going thru some tough rounds in that ring, you have some great peoples in your corner, it's sad that the one that have breath in them because of your folks are not willing to provide any care. I pray that your family meeting changes the situation & they step up to the plate. But as all have said, you MUST take care of yourself, what will be will be, your health needs to be intact. I think that from everything you've said here (which probably doesn't even touch the top of the iceberg that you're dealing with) you are doing an amazing job with all the juggling that's happening. Your are blessed to have a man that loves YOU that much, it says alot for him. I think he is also seeing how blessed he is with having such a beautiful caring person that returns his love. Hugz to you all.
krstnvnc
krstnvnc

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn July 4th 2009, 7:22 pm

Prayers for my parents please - Page 2 2jdhym8
Lynn
Lynn
2 Sassy
2 Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn July 7th 2009, 6:34 am

How are you holding up Deb .....
Lynn
Lynn
2 Sassy
2 Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb July 7th 2009, 9:03 am

Lynn wrote:How are you holding up Deb .....
By lots of stress and numbness. The job is bad now too. But I was told once God wont give us more than we can handle ...some days I question this.
Thanks for asking. I am doing a 12 hour day today....
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb July 14th 2009, 12:03 pm

Mom was rushed back to hospital. She again is on morphine. Doc called me and asked me to come sign the papers to be Power of Attorney over her medical needs( this is my mothers request) John is coming home from work to take me. Doc said it doesnt look good. Please just pray that she doesnt suffer much and that I can make it through this difficult time in my life.
My manager said she couldnt get anyone to cover me, she had plans .I told her this is my mother and I have to be there with her. She was upset. I notified my district sales manager and my regional sales manager . My rsm told me to not worry about it that I need to be with my mother.
I can not believe the heart of some people. This is where the old saying about what comes around goes around comes to play.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc July 14th 2009, 3:43 pm

baldwindeb wrote: Please just pray that she doesnt suffer much and that I can make it through this difficult time in my life.

Done Deb. You will get thru it for u know Who ur source is. U will defineately feel, that's one emotion that no matter how u find your solice, u will not escape it, but it's How U feel it that will get u thru. We R here for U, lean on John, He's there for U. Hugs to all of u during this time as well as prayers, u know they are a given.

[quote=]My manager said she couldnt get anyone to cover me, she had plans .I told her this is my mother and I have to be there with her. She was upset. I notified my district sales manager and my regional sales manager . My rsm told me to not worry about it that I need to be with my mother.
I can not believe the heart of some people. This is where the old saying about what comes around goes around comes to play.[/quote]
Don't sweat the small stuff Deb. UR RSM has ur back, they realize where u need 2 be. Take care of ur family & let God take care of u. Prayers going up in this area as well, job security is a necessity & one that u don't need to be burdened with. Your manager will just have to step up to the plate & do what she is being paid for. That's why she has that position, even if it means that she herself has to step in & fill ur shoes, it's poor management on her behalf if she can't handle EMERGENCY situations.

We still have to hook up. I will try u again tonite when I get off. It s/b round 7ish ur time now I believe. Hopefully we'll connect.

Loves to ya
krstnvnc
krstnvnc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next