Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayers for my parents please

+10
krstnvnc
Doc
sharber60
Doreen
irishgodfather1
shanaya
Mousessugar
Loahss
Lynn
baldwindeb
14 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Prayers for my parents please - Page 4 Empty Re: Prayers for my parents please

Post by krstnvnc August 6th 2009, 10:31 am

Deb...........so sorry to hear. Is your mom still with us? I pray for complete recovery & only a miracle will do that at this point it sounds like. & if your mom is anything like my GMA (whose getting really close as well), she sick & tired of being sick & tired & has been making my mom take her around to make sure ALL of her expenses are taken care of right down to the filling it up & writing the dates, which they are.

I pray for peace & an annointing to come upon you & everyone involved in this, that there is a peace that you know that you know that you know, that it's OK, no matter which direction the door slings, that you are prepared. Yes the worst that we think of will cause us distress, but that is our load that we have to walk thru & each one of us that is here today taking a breath with have to make several of those walks until the day comes that our breath stops, part of life, but I tell you. Even tho it hurts like there's no ending, I wouldn't give up one day of the days I've had with the one that has been on the end that your mom is on.

I love you & my heart is there with you. I pray for comfort as well. Please, when you are up to it, keep us posted & like all have said. Keep yourself in good condition, don't turn your health into a warzone physically, mentally is enough right now.

Hugz to you & all there my friend, again.........call me, I am still here.
krstnvnc
krstnvnc
The one with the crooked halo

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya August 6th 2009, 11:08 am

Please take care of yourself, Deb. I am so sorry you have to go through all of this.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb August 6th 2009, 11:27 am

Thanks guys.
Kris you always touch my heart and make me cry. I cant begin to tell you the regrets you have at this time. I sat with mom and rubbed her head and massaged her feet and legs. I talked to her about everything. I told her I am sorry for past mistakes , past hurts, etc. I reminisced about old times, stories she had told me, my life, how she helped me so much, etc. When I would talk to her her heart rate would drop and even out. When no one would talk to her her heart rate would go whacked. I knew her spirit was still there. I told her it is ok to go to God to be with my brother and her family that I will make sure everyone is ok here.
I cry, I wonder, I question, then I become numb. I guess it is all part of it.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottL August 6th 2009, 2:45 pm

My hopes and prayers are with you, also, Deb.

Making peace with your Mom obviously comforted her, and later, no matter what happens, will comfort you. It was incredibly hard for me to do that with my Mom, but I thank God I did.

God Bless You, your Mom, Dad and the rest of your family.
ScottL
ScottL

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc August 6th 2009, 6:26 pm

Just saw this, Deb. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. But I'm glad you've got John there to lean on.
Another prayer sent.

Take care of YOU, too, okay?
Doc
Doc
Rude, Crude and Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen August 6th 2009, 11:51 pm

I'm sorry to hear all you are going through.
It hurts I know, it is such an emotional time for you, so much to deal with. Your mind and body is telling you it has had enough for right now too why you become numb. Your safety switch so you don't go into overload maybe.
You and your family are in my prayers.
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb August 6th 2009, 11:52 pm

Letter I just wrote to my brothers.

I been there all day. She woke up but was in such a panic saying that the people in the next apartment was gonna kill her, that the black people were going to bust her head open. She begged us to get the police, she was terrified and shaking.They have her in restraints. I finally got her calmed down enough to see if she knew who I was. She told me I was her daughter Deborah, I ask her if she knew who John was .She said yes he was my husband John. So I proceeded to tell her she had to let them put the iv back in because she pulled it out. She thought someone was trying to steal all her blood.I calmed her down and they put the iv back in and I asked them to give her something to calm her down because she was violently shaking so bad. They gave her a med that within 5 minutes put her to sleep for 5 hours.
During that time we talked to social workers, hospice workers, lung doctor, general practitioner and so on and so forth. Bottom line is she is not going to recover, there is nothing they can do to change any of it. They said her death was imminent.That the oxygen and fluid is what is keeping her alive and without them she will pass.
I signed the hospice agreement but nothing is final until I talk with all of you and we come to an agreement.
Steve is available Sat at 2 at my house, can you make it Les. Can you make it Rick. John said he can pick you up and take you home Rick .
Hospice and the hospital feels to let her pass naturally we need to take her off fluids and let her body be depleted of all liquids, then in a few days take the oxygen off and let nature take its course. If she keeps the fluids and we have the oxygen taken off she may drown in her own fluids.
I know this is a hard decision for all of us but the option is to let them put her in a nursing home, give her life support and have her suffer for who knows how long until she passes.
Let me know if you guys can make it and thanks for listening to me during this difficult time
They are calling in a psychiatrist to take care of her anxiety level tonight.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya August 7th 2009, 9:24 am

Good letter to your brothers. I hope they help you in this situation and as soon as possible. You are such a strong woman but you should not have to bear this all yourself. One can only take so much.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn August 7th 2009, 9:39 am

Good letter Deb......what kind of help can you expect from your family ?
Lynn
Lynn
2 Sassy
2 Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen August 7th 2009, 10:11 am

I hope your family helps you out. You need the support at this time.
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottL August 7th 2009, 10:41 am

The hospital staff and your Minister or Priest can offer a great deal of comfort, too. Ask for any help you need.

God Bless.
ScottL
ScottL

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn August 7th 2009, 10:54 am

ScottL wrote:The hospital staff and your Minister or Priest can offer a great deal of comfort, too. Ask for any help you need.

God Bless.
Good advice Scott....
Lynn
Lynn
2 Sassy
2 Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc August 7th 2009, 10:24 pm

Sorry Deb. I hope the family comes thru for you, but see you already know whats what. I pray for comfort & peace & for the Lord to bring her home soon with no more suffering. Are they able to keep her medicated enough so that she's basically sleeping thru till the end?

You ALL will continue to be in my prayers & know that you are always upon my heart.
krstnvnc
krstnvnc

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb August 7th 2009, 11:40 pm

krstnvnc wrote:Sorry Deb. I hope the family comes thru for you, but see you already know whats what. I pray for comfort & peace & for the Lord to bring her home soon with no more suffering. Are they able to keep her medicated enough so that she's basically sleeping thru till the end?

You ALL will continue to be in my prayers & know that you are always upon my heart.

No she isnt medicated enough .But I make them give it to her when I am there. She freaks out with the hallucinations when she is a wake. For her there is a fine line between what is real and what is not. She is aware of all but still has these freaky hallucinations.
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzey August 8th 2009, 8:33 am

In situations like you are going through...it sure test's your strength and endurance. You'll come through this Deb. Sending positive thoughts to you. Hang in there.

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Jazzey
Plus Member
Plus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc August 9th 2009, 1:13 am

How r u doing Deb? Did any of the family come & meet w/u to come to an arrangement w/hospice? How is ur dad doing thru all this? He's just as sick isn't he?

Still have u all in my prayers.
krstnvnc
krstnvnc

Back to top Go down

Post by sharber60 August 9th 2009, 4:59 pm

How is your Mom today? Hope she isn`t having those attacks now
Is your Dad at home or in care too? Hope your Brothers contacted you they need to support you & their Mother. Take care.
sharber60
sharber60
Plus Member
Plus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottL August 9th 2009, 5:05 pm

With all respect.

Let us Pray:

Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
[For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.]
Amen.

May God Bless you.
ScottL
ScottL

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn August 9th 2009, 6:50 pm

You and your family are in my prayers.....
Lynn
Lynn
2 Sassy
2 Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousessugar August 9th 2009, 7:43 pm

You and yours are always in my prayers too Deb..

Prayers for my parents please - Page 4 Praters20are20with20you
Mousessugar
Mousessugar
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc August 10th 2009, 2:27 am

ScottL wrote:With all respect.

Let us Pray:

Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
[For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.]
Amen.

May God Bless you.

Amen............Nice prayer Scottie, & May Angels gather around to protect & provide peace. May they be there for comfort & to take mom's hand to the promise land.

It's so sad to see a loved one go, but to know that there is no more pain or sorrow & know that where she crosses there will be a celebration upon her arrival. Deb, hugs to you all. Sad but glad is a really confusing state but as strong as you are your faith is your biggest support, I discovered that & boy it's an amazing state in being carried thru what you see as impossible, family help is just an added extra.

Love going out to you all continually my friend along with being top priority in prayers, for Daddy needs to take care of His favorite lil ones. Take care & find solice in that WE are here for you at but a breath away. Smile xxooo
krstnvnc
krstnvnc

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen August 10th 2009, 3:23 am

thinking and praying for you at this very difficult time.
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb August 12th 2009, 12:05 am

Moms gone to heaven.........
baldwindeb
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Loahss August 12th 2009, 12:12 am

I am so sorry, Deb. May you have peace of mind knowing that she is at peace now and there is no more suffering. You and your family will be in my prayers in the days ahead.

Last edited by Loahss on August 12th 2009, 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Loahss
Loahss
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc August 12th 2009, 12:24 am

Deb, I know you're going through a difficult time now. I think it may help you to think of your Mom joining family and friends that left this world behind a long time ago. No more pain, no more illness, no more sadness. She's at peace, and for that, you can be grateful.

A prayer for you and your family has been sent.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next