Shanaya's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want to record from the DVR. dish network to a computer or hard drive

3 posters

Go down

I want to record from the DVR. dish network to a computer or hard drive  Empty I want to record from the DVR. dish network to a computer or hard drive

Post by Doreen December 17th 2010, 12:14 pm

what to do?

I have the DVR from dish network and it doesn't have a usb port.
I have a usb port on the tv tho.
and thinking about plugging the laptop direct in,... if I have it go to laptop I would need to record streaming video? no idea what next HELP?

lol
Very Happy
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

I want to record from the DVR. dish network to a computer or hard drive  Empty Re: I want to record from the DVR. dish network to a computer or hard drive

Post by shanaya December 17th 2010, 2:54 pm

Does the DVR and your computer have hdmi input? You may be able to get it that way. Will have to look into it more.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

I want to record from the DVR. dish network to a computer or hard drive  Empty Re: I want to record from the DVR. dish network to a computer or hard drive

Post by Doreen December 17th 2010, 7:33 pm

the TV has HDMI input. not the DVR tho, but if the DVR goes in to the TV would it go Out to the computer?

experiment tomorrow.
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by budozero December 19th 2010, 10:37 pm

What TV is it? TV's in general only have inputs
budozero
budozero
Assistant to the Administrator!

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya December 20th 2010, 12:14 am

The only thing I can think of is if the TV has a TV tuner you can then use the computer to record off the dvr. If it isn't built in you have to buy one.
shanaya
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen December 25th 2010, 2:29 am

shanaya wrote:The only thing I can think of is if the TV has a TV tuner you can then use the computer to record off the dvr. If it isn't built in you have to buy one.

YES< I was thinking of this as well.
I think this will work,
what program do you use to record on the laptop?

I have recordzilla, on this laptop.
I see Nero has something in there I haven't used before it does a capture screen recording.
recommendations?
Doreen
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down